Controller stuck, can't run programs

• Hello,

I'm working on a KRC4 KSS 8.6.6 that normally operates in EXT mode controlled by a PLC.

I am still making adjustments to the robot program so I am switching back and forth between T1 to transfer changes and EXT to test them. At some point the robot controller does something weird and the robot program cancels itself automatically.

When this happens I can't even move the robot in T1 mode while doing a BCO run because aprox 1s after I press the enabling switch and the run button the $PRO_ACT signal is set to false and the robot doesn't move. This same behavior happens in all modes. I even tried with the submit interpreter deselected and it still stays stuck, the only way to resolve it is to reboot the KRC4.

I have no idea what could be the cause of this, but I am pretty sure I haven't programmed anything that would do it.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

• Any messages? Also look into the logbook. Messages from the screen can be deleted if a system states do not persist.

And try to be more precise. Telling us you did everything necessary is not helpful. Try to say what you did, what's the current setup. If you think it's EXT mode related than provide external signal states. What do you mean by program gets canceled? Execution stops? Execution stops and program is deselected by e.g. cwrite? ...

Fubini

• Hello Fubini,

Sorry I wasn't very clear on many aspects.

No messages are shown on the controller. I currently have some lines of code on the sps.sub that when the PLC requests it (in case of an error for example) cancels CELL.SRC and runs it again by means of CWRITE (only on EXT mode). This works just fine and doesn't seem to be the issue because my problem persists even after commenting this code out. Even when changing from EXT to T1 mode, the issue still persists. I don't have any other programs that use similar commands, only regular robot programs with motions and IO operations.

I don't exactly know what is happening but whenever I try to run a selected program in any mode, as soon as I press the run button, or the controller issues the run command, the robot doesn't move and the robot interpreter symbol on the Smartpad turns red. What I've seen looking at the EXT mode signals when doing this is that $PRO_ACT turns on when the run command is given, but it immediately is turned off with no clear reason (all other signals remain unchanged and no buttons are pressed).

This problem seemingly goes away when the controller is rebooted but that isn't a really good solution.

I know it isn't much to go on but I was hoping someone had any thoughts or experience with similar issues.

• No messages are shown on the controller.

yes, that is quite possible...

for example low DRIVES_OFF does not generate any message (an oversight on KUKA part).

also some messages never get displayed or maybe get displayed very briefly. this is why one need to check message logs.

I currently have some lines of code on the sps.sub that when the PLC requests it (in case of an error for example) cancels CELL.SRC and runs it again by means of CWRITE (only on EXT mode). This works just fine and doesn't seem to be the issue because my problem persists even after commenting this code out.

post your code. you may be missing something. let others try to spot the problem on their own.

Even when changing from EXT to T1 mode, the issue still persists. I don't have any other programs that use similar commands, only regular robot programs with motions and IO operations.

post your code...

I don't exactly know what is happening but whenever I try to run a selected program in any mode, as soon as I press the run button, or the controller issues the run command, the robot doesn't move and the robot interpreter symbol on the Smartpad turns red.

post... your... code...

there is something in submit that fails and we cannot help you if you continue withholding code

What I've seen looking at the EXT mode signals when doing this is that $PRO_ACT turns on when the run command is given, but it immediately is turned off with no clear reason (all other signals remain unchanged and no buttons are pressed).

post screenshot of all the signals (Display > Inputs/Outputs > Automatic External), including Inputs and Outputs (Start conditions/Program State)

This problem seemingly goes away when the controller is rebooted but that isn't a really good solution.

It is a very good solution. Imagine if there was no improvement even after reboot... that would be worse, wouldn't it?

So the only way to help with this is to see everything:

a) SPS code

b) PLC code

c) Signal states

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners