Laser tracking with Kawasaki Robot

• Hello Everyone,

does anyone know how to use laser tracking sensor with the Kawasaki BA series robot?

- laser sensor controller having ethernet communication protocol but how to transfer live co-ordinate from laser controller to robot???

• The PLC will transfer the coordinate from the laser controller to robot. The robot should have a fieldbus board for communication but it is not mandatory.

Dear sir,

First of all thank you for your reply, but how I can modify from live co-ordinate to register coordinate?

Question -1

What kind of logic require for it?

Question -2

Without PLC is it possible?

Because Sensor having its own controller and HMI and also having function inside the controller to communicate directly with the robot but how can we get the from controller and what logic required for that.

If you have any manual for that please share.

• does anyone know how to use laser tracking sensor with the Kawasaki BA series robot?

This is a paid for option from Kawasaki.

Have you spoken to Kawasaki to get this option enabled, they will supply the manual too.

I would recommend to speak to Kawasaki directly to ascertain whether additional hardware is required to physically connect your laser tracker or if they have any recommendations.

- laser sensor controller having ethernet communication protocol but how to transfer live co-ordinate from laser controller to robot???

What does this mean, ethernet communication protocol has many protocols.

How the laser tracker transmits data to the Kawasaki is the sole responsibility of the laser tracker OEM, so you need to find this information out and post back exactly the specifications.

Based on this information, Kawasaki advice could be offered.

Please do your research, this is a Kawasaki board, not a laser tracker board.

• Dear Sir,

I want data I.e how to i communicate my laser controller to Kawasaki E01 controller?

We did communication with the Fanuc robot, so from Fanuc team I received that data for commutation, so like that data how I will get from Kawasaki?

For your reference that communication table I am attaching in this conversation, please check and if you have any details about it please help.

• Kawasaki Client and Server example is provided in the attached manual.

You will need to create Client program in Kawasaki to communicate and exchange data using ethernet port on E01 controller to control and read data from Laser tracker.

• Kawasaki Client and Server example is provided in the attached manual.

You will need to create Client program in Kawasaki to communicate and exchange data using ethernet port on E01 controller to control and read data from Laser tracker.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply, but I have this manual and according this manual only communicate your PC to robot but how to communicate sensor controller to Kawasaki controller without read& write bits and other data.

If you understand what I am trying to say so please help, I am badly stuck in middle of project.

Thanks in advance.

• Yes, I tried

Where, you have provided no example of your code, no connection details of your setup, nothing.

So what have you tried, show details of connections and code.

What results are you getting, show details.

• hi,

there is an option in kawasaki should be open. you can ask kawasaki directly to send yout he file which open that option. i believe it's free of charge.

then you can go to menu--> aux-->arc welding--> arc welding setting--> you will find a new option has been added which called laser seam tracker

from that option, you will find the laser communication.

you just need to add the ip address of your laser controller and change the ip address of port 2 in kawasaki to be same and dont forget to change the last digit . ex:192-168-2-100 and 192-168-2-50

it's very easy to connect it, but you need that file from kawasaki to open this option.

• Where, you have provided no example of your code, no connection details of your setup, nothing.

So what have you tried, show details of connections and code.

What results are you getting, show details.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reply, can you please guide me on how to establish communication between the laser sensor controller and robot??

• You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the horse drink.

Thank you for your reply, can you please guide me on how to establish communication between the laser sensor controller and robot??

1. Get Robot Controller.

2. Get Laser Sensor.

3. Read documentation and prepare necessary equipment to connect devices together.

4. Enable relevant option in Kawasaki (if required) to use, contact Kawasaki for option details and cost.

5. Make program to establish connection and data exchange in line with sensor documentation.

Your document states it uses TCPIP for communication.

Use the TCPIP Manual I attached in post #7 and try using the examples provided to establish communication with peripheral.

7. If after you have read documentation, made attempt to establish connection and/or data exchange and cannot get to work either:

a. Contact Sensor supplier and ask if possible to connect to Kawasaki.

b. Contact Kawasaki and ask if possible to connect, provide training in order to teach you how to.

c. If you do not wish to put in work yourself, pay professional to provide solution for you.

d. Post results in Robot forum, including pictures, images, code, examples, failure information of what you have tried and hope a member is prepared to work for free to assist you.

Advertising from our partners