UserTech 4.0 acting up

• My frustrations with new UserTech continues. Or maybe it is the KSS8.7, not 1005 sure. Issues seem to crop up on systems running KSS8.7, not so on 8.6.

The thing is that same configuration files that are used on several projects (KSS8.6 and few KSS 8.7) are not working.

I cannot activate ANY status key bar - including demo called Test that comes with UserTech.

So now that i am actually with robot, i tried few things and everything is best described as colossal waste of time.

So i tried removing anything i added (menu files and KFDX) and using cold start with reload file. not working. Uninstall UserTech 4.0.18 ... That worked but after reboot robot is clearly not right... Cannot open Safety Configuration, cannot transfer WoV project, cannot activate another project (even copy of the base project). Cannot install or uninstall any tech options. Message is always "Project not ready! Controller: <...>".

Ok so somehow things got seriously corrupt so it is time to reload original image.... And that is why one should ALWAYS make backup as soon as possible (we do it as soon as robot is powered up for the first time...).

Reloaded image, UserTech and bunch of other options are preinstalled so life is good. Try to display demo status key bar and again it is not working. That tells me that something is either bad with image as received or there are bugs in this KSS. another cold boot and it works. All right, maybe it needed that reboot for something so should be ok now...?

So deploy my project without any custom UserTech files and activate safety config - all ok.

Add dumbed down version of UserTech configuration - just status key bar and key press displays message, everything is stripped down, no icons, nothing....

Does not work. but that is expected, for new menu that was just deployed, cold start with reload files is needed.

Selecting status key bar shows same message that keybar is not defined. Selecting Test keybar (UserTech demo) shows the same.

Another cold start and it works. i can switch back and forth between the two. Is this FINALLY in the clear...? Apparently not.

Tried to replace KFDX with another one (just change label on one of the keys) to confirm that changes are applied. They are not - old texts are still shown after keybar is selected.

Great, lets do another cold start. And it does not work again... "Status key bar[...] not defined". Trying to select Test keybar fails as well. Sigh...

At this point the only conclusion i have is that things are not right on the factory image or that there are bugs in KSS or UserTech or both. Maybe something went wrong by whoever preloaded tech options. Sadly this is not first time. Last few robots i worked with and showing similar problems are all using KSS8.7. Coincidence?

Anyway i am out of time to mess with this. we will deal with this later. :dead:

fortunately there are alternatives. for now i am going to use a workaround with either is_key_pressed or my own app...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Panic Mode,

Maybe you can help me out with this as well. I have UserTech (V4.0.19) on the KR C5 controller, but I was not able to update from (V4.0.18) like normal using the Option Package Management. I had to delete the 18 from the controller and then add the new one into it.

This allowed me to use the "Test" package for UserTech, but where I am struggling is how to add new .kfg files to the robot.

From what I have read, there should be a UserTech folder under TP, much like the GripperSpotTech folder. My robot does not have this option - so I tried adding it myself and I come up with no such luck.

I can send you the (V4.0.19) and see if you have any luck with that?

Where do you place your .kfg files so you can select them from the smartpad?

Advertising from our partners