Kawasaki F60 controller - D1590 error (AC Primary power off.)

• Hi everyone,

I have a problem where I can't move the robot Kawasaki RS007 A with a F60 controller

On the screen, I get an Emergency message (E-STOP) and a Power sequence board error. I have already checked the connections on the XES connector and they are OK (I think).

Also, I have tried to change from dual system setting (of safety circuit systems) to single-system setting. I did it by changing the SW1-1 and SW2-1 switches from the 2AP board from OFF to ON.

I have also noticed that on the 2AP board an error LED lights up (I understand that it is related to this).

• XES Connector (image) appears correct as far as 'stock' jumpers are concerned.

You should leave it in dual channel setting as this is now standard requirement, but regulations/directives relative to your locale should be followed in all cases.

Fundamentally you have 3 active emergency stop circuits.

- Ext emergency stop.

- Teach pendant emergency stop.

- Front panel emergency stop.

Your ext emergency stop is jumpered (XES) out which leaves teach pendant and front panel emergency stops.

So these buttons need to checking for correct operation:

- 2x NC circuits when released.

- 2x NO circuits when pressed in.

If you have another teach pendant, you could swap that over just to test the teach pendant emergency stop isn't the issue.

Check the fuses mounted to 2AP board F2/F5/F6.

Using the Teach Pendant, if you select the bottom 3rd of the screen (monitor area), you can select the DIAG monitor and Safe_Cir Monitor 1.

This will show a ladder diagram of the dual circuit, showing external emergency stop, teach pendant emergency stop, front panel emergency stop and the teach/repeat keyswitch.

If both channels appear in yellow, then the user side appears ok.

You could then look into Safe_Cir Monitor 2 and see if 2 channels are showing there.

If it's not, then there is a hardware issue possibly internal wiring or 2AP board.

If you can post images of the Safe_Cir_Monitor screens and 2AP led's, we may be able diagnose this further.

• Thank you Kwakisaki, I checked the Safe_Cir Monitor, and apparently, everything is okay. Also when I push the deadman switch, TRG-1 turns to yellow.

• On Safe Cir Monitor screen, you will see that is page 1/2.

Also a red box can be moved between EMG-1 and EMG-2.

Press enter to see the next page, this will show you:

- Ext emergency stop, Teach emergency stop and panel emergency stop dual channel circuits.

- Make sure they are all active.

According to your page, it looks like you are missing the Cubic S safety input POFF-1 and POFF-2.

Have you got Cubic S installed, if so what is the status of it and is the internal cabling correct as per installation manual.

• The second page of the Safe Cir Monitor is also okay.

The robot was working with a gripper with electromagnets picking 4 pieces simultaneously, and it was working okay.

Yes, we have realized that it has the Cubic-S installed. When it was moved, the box with the safety output devices and fuses connected to the Cubic-S was not brought. I have connected again and the 2AP board error LED disappears.

Now I have recently changed in the safety input/output settings the signals that were defined, and after rebooting the controller, I can move the robot.

The only thing which doesn't work properly yet is the "Run" in "Repeat". With both switches in repeat mode, motor on, and pushing the "A+Cycle Start" buttons the program does not Run. It goes to the first line and it turns yellow.

• The only thing which doesn't work properly yet is the "Run" in "Repeat". With both switches in repeat mode, motor on, and pushing the "A+Cycle Start" buttons the program does not Run. It goes to the first line and it turns yellow.

Without a picture of the teach pendant, it just sounds like you are in STEP ONCE.

Reference the image, press this area and ensure it is set to STEP CONT and try again.

If that doesn't work, show pictures of the teach pendant instead of CS Configurator.

STEP ONCE mode, allows you to step through and execute each motion segment.

You can press GO (in STEP ONCE) to execute the next motion segment and so on.

In normal running conditions, it should be set to STEP CONT.

• I changed between STEP ONCE and STEP CONT and nothing happens. I realized that in the Safe Cir Monitor screen in Teach mode the last "step" SOFT got activated when the motors were on, in contrast, in repeat mode, it does not get activated blocking the activation of MON.

I also noticed that there is an external hold. I do not use the external hold of the XES connector, so A9 and B9 are short-circuited. My conclusion is that it must be related to the Cubic-S, but I can't find a way to disable this external hold.

Thank you so must for your help Kwakisaki!

• I do not use the external hold of the XES connector, so A9 and B9 are short-circuited

This is normal, or else you would not be able to jog the robot.

The external hold that is displayed is caused by the dedicated input signal EXT_IT being set.

Goto Aux Function 0601 Dedicated Input Signals.

On the 2nd page should be EXT_IT - Set that to cancel and enter to remove the external hold allocation.

I get the impression you have not received any formal Kawasaki training?

• Thank you so much! That was the switch that remained to be selected!

No, I have no training in Kawasaki. I have experience in other robot brands and automation processes. That's why I was assigned this robot with no previous knowledge.

The robot can now run programs in automatic mode. But one last error is displayed. Just when it starts, an error occurs that stops the process. E1140. I have searched the manuals and cannot find a solution.

I have tried on the Keyboard screen to do a "ZRobot" and check/assign 6 axis to the robot description. However, that doesn't affect it either.

• I think that the robot has Conveyor synchronous option enable. Please check if in Aux function there is 11. Handling/Palletizing.

From the robot backup, check if those options are OFF:

OP_CVF OFF -3668

CVF_TRACK OFF -3998

if there are ON, put it OFF. Create a .as file with

.ROBOTDATA1

OP_CVF OFF -3668

CVF_TRACK OFF -3998

.END

• No, I have no training in Kawasaki. I have experience in other robot brands and automation processes. That's why I was assigned this robot with no previous knowledge.

This forum is no substitute for product training, so I suggest you get yourself on a training course.

Just trying ZROBOT to try and fix that error is not the correct direction to take.

Where did you come across this instruction?

Just what is it you are trying to do exactly?

Advertising from our partners