Kuka KRC2 MFC3 card driver

• Dear all,

Would need your help regarding driver for MFC3 card on KRC2 controller.

Spoke with Kuka support and sent them archive from controller. They explained:

• MFC card is recognized by windows, but deviceNet module (SMC Ether EZ) on the card is not;
    • According to the archive the controller is looking for MFC1 card, but in this machine always was MFC PCI card (so I understand MFC3);
    • So somehow it is mismatch, but system was working before;
    • D:\KRC1_CD\Internat\Tools\DRIVERS\ folder does not exist (as service advised);

Maybe someone has driver files for the card ? Would be very grateful.

Thank you,

Soundwawe

• The 8416 was the network card for mfc 1.

What happens if you delete this entry? Will appear it again?

Just checked. If I delete it, it does not appear again. So I presume it was a leftover from previous installations/upgrades ?

• Yeah, hardware "custody" on KRC2s got a little odd in places. The MFC was "owned" by VxWorks, and the dummy driver was used to prevent Windows Plug&Play from trying to grab ownership of it on boot (since Windows boots before KSS/VxWorks). But the network port on the MFC showed up as a separate device, and was "owned" by Windows.

Which lead to a weird situation where, if you added another expansion card that was supposed to be owned by KSS instead of Windows, like a real-time network card for RSI-XML, it had to have a dummy driver in Windows and a real driver in KSS/VxWorks. Which generally meant you had to install the drivers first, before installing the hardware card.

• On vxworks side you do not need to install the driver for a network card. In vxworks.ini you specify in the bootline which card should be used and define the ip address of the network card.

On the windows side you have to install the dummy driver for this network card. If the windows driver is used for the card windows and vxworks will write and read from that card which ends in the error 10053

Kuka has a tool KsNetCfg.exe doing the installation for the vxworks side

• By "install the drivers" I meant run the KUKA installer that came with the card. Which installed both the Windows dummy driver and the VxWorks driver. Which needed to be done before plugging in the card -- I ran into so many KRCs where someone had done it out of order...

• You should be able to get the entire installation CDs from KUKA without any issues. Given the symptoms you're describing, you might be better off just re-installing KSS, or even re-installing Windows and KSS.

I found an old hard drive backup from a 5.4 robot, and zipped up the D:\KRC1_CD\Internat\Tools\Drivers folder.

Dear SkyeFire,

Thank you for your help ! Finally after some months sorted out the issue with all of forum help ! Will reply the details in my original post regarding greyed out I/O

Sincerely,

Soudwawe

• On vxworks side you do not need to install the driver for a network card. In vxworks.ini you specify in the bootline which card should be used and define the ip address of the network card.

On the windows side you have to install the dummy driver for this network card. If the windows driver is used for the card windows and vxworks will write and read from that card which ends in the error 10053

Kuka has a tool KsNetCfg.exe doing the installation for the vxworks side

Thank you MOM for your support !

• Hello ,dear all

I have problem to read the mfc card on krc2 , and i need to install the driver for that ,please help me . how can I install drivers for Kuka krc2?

• I have problem to read the mfc card on krc2 , and i need to install the driver for that

Read what part of the MFC? On what generation of KRC2? Depending on the generation, the MFC may include an ethernet port, will always include a DeviceNet Master port, and will always contain the various low-level drivers for handling the DSE, KSP, KSD, and other modules inside the KRC2.

• at the first system stay on 10% of loading after several times we have this error :

" RTWLoadVxD( LPVXWRT): (#0x1)-Device Driver could not be Initialized (not found orwrong path).

Advertising from our partners