Recently I managed able to revive some long-time retired Kuka robot.
Fortunately for me, I have my hands on some spare parts for KRC2 controller.
I would like to share my experience with solving those issues, maybe someone will find it helpful.
Patient data :
- KUKA 200 comp
- controller (V)KRC2 ed05, KSS V5.4.14
Error messages :
- KCP: connection error WATCHDOG_ERROR
- Local Protective Stop (QE)
- EMERGENCY STOP
- External EMERGENCY STOP Pressed
- Safety circuit for drives not ready
- Drives contractor off
- Accu voltage at PM1 below 22 volts during last buffering
Visible symptoms :
- KCP buttons not responding (including mode selector and E-Stop). When connected external mouse and keybord it's possible to operate KCP.
- 2 red LEDs on KPS 600 are shining with still red light
What I did:
- replace all possible fuses - no result
- jumper X11 plug for standalone operation - no result
- replace KCP - no result
- replace MFC3 card - bingo!
After replacing MFC3 card, red LEDs on KPS 600 are blinking rapidly, all buttons on KCP are responding, and there's no error messages left.