FANUC SOFT LIMIT TO AXIS DEGREES USING BG LOGIC

• What are you trying to do. Those variables look to be correct, but they require a power cycle.

DCS can dynamically limit an axis, but would require a safety input to enable and disable.

• How I can give a soft limit to the for the specific axis using bg logic

Is this to stop the robot if in forbidden area?
    If yes, this can be even done in BG logic, but the reaction time may appear insufficient for fast moves.

Or, probably, may be done by Inteference Check, with fixture models modified programatically on demand.

If, however, the axis limits are intended for MROT motion, they must be system settings and yes, require power cycle after modification.

• Is this to stop the robot if in a forbidden area?
    If yes, this can be even done in BG logic, but the reaction time may appear insufficient for fast moves.

Or, probably, maybe done by Interference Check, with fixture models modified programmatically on demand.

If, however, the axis limits are intended for MROT motion, they must be system settings and yes, require a power cycle after modification.

NO

I WANT TO AVOID COLLISIONS ONLY DURING THE MANUAL JOGGING TO PREVENT THE GRIPPER FROM DAMAGE

• NO

I WANT TO AVOID COLLISIONS ONLY DURING THE MANUAL JOGGING TO PREVENT THE GRIPPER FROM DAMAGE

As user pdl pointed out, DCS would be the easiest way to do this. It looks like you have a CR-15 collaborative robot, and unless I'm mistaken that should require the DCS option?

Here is a quick example Joint Position Check (Joint Limit) I set up in DCS that should be what you are looking for:

Ignore the "Invalid Axis is selected" message. I whipped this up in a roboguide cell with a SCARA in it. Also, note that I am using the AUTO mode SSI to disable this joint position check, meaning it will only limit the robot in T1/T2 mode.

If you somehow don't have DCS, or really want this to run in a BG program, you could use the SOP Teach pendant enabled output status, along with constantly checking the robot JPOS against a range of limit values. If the robot joint 5/6 pos is outside your limit, through a UALM. This would be quick, dirty, and not very fast but it would probably also work for you.

• I don't think you can use JPOS or UALM in BGLogic. But you could monitor the system variables for the current joint angles and if they are beyond some limit then drop out the UI Hold signal.

How can I write the program for this can you elaborate

• You have DCS, so you can utilize this one. DCS position check, Target model collision

This looks at the robot Bubbles versus the tool model. BIG thing is don't let the tool bubbles overlap the robot bubble when you create your tool model. Works really well

• You have DCS, so you can utilize this one. DCS position check, Target model collision

This looks at the robot Bubbles versus the tool model. BIG thing is don't let the tool bubbles overlap the robot bubble when you create your tool model. Works really well

[attach='34303','none','false'][/atta

due to the weight issue, I can not use this manipulator as a cobot right now I am using it as a robot

our part weight is 13.80 kg its Connecting Rod(CONROD)

its execute the auto pay load weight in motion and DCS

but whenever I am trying to run it in auto external mode (PLC Master and Robot Slave)

It shows the weight is over load error or force monitoring error

we also designed the gripper such as the CG of the part is in optimum position also cross-checked with Fanuc DATA SHEET excel. Fanuc also verified that this is the okay condition bus still we need to check whether the manipulator is in fault condition or not

that's why I am using the NSI(non-safety input) to avoid the force monitoring input so the robot could run in an auto external mode without giving an force monitoring input

• due to the weight issue, I can not use this manipulator as a cobot right now I am using it as a robot

Disabling the force monitor does not affect whether you can use DCS Position Check with a Target User Model.

You can still use all the other functions of the DCS menu, even if you're not using the collaborative functions for the robot.

I WANT TO AVOID COLLISIONS ONLY DURING THE MANUAL JOGGING

In fact, the DCS Target User Model is designed to prevent exactly what you're looking for.

Advertising from our partners