Need info on transferring PalletPro to real robot

• I have simulated at least 8 patterns in Palletpro already. Today, I called Fanuc to ask them why my boxes keep disappearing when I run a simulation in Handling Pro (another issue, I've added the boxes to the gripper, infeed, and pallet. the boxes disappear once I hit play simulation, I have box-checked for box present on run mode on infeed, not on the gripper, not on a pallet, the box always disappears), anyways, apparently I can simply transfer all of the pallet patterns to my real robot. obviously, Fanuc can't give me good literature on how to do this even though my company just spent 20K on the software. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I have a lot of work to do in Pallet pro as far as IO goes, but if I can do this, this will take weeks off of a short notice deadline already. THANKS!!!

• Is your computer connected to the robot via ethernet? If so, make sure the real robot is setup to receive patterns over ethernet, the setting is under Setup > Pallet System:

Then in RoboGuide go to File > Download. Add the robot's IP, then select the unit load file (PMULxxx.DT) and press the Download button. A message on the real robot's teach pendant will confirm if this is successful. The main reason for not being successful would be due to not aborting the robot first if it is currently running that pattern.

• can i recreate my whole cell in pallet pro? as far as the finished pallet moving, and the new pallet moving in? i need to incorporate all of my IO somehow.

also, do you know why my boxes keep disappearing in Handling Pro?

• Yes you can, but it is not the easiest thing to do. I would start with the basics and master that first. If I am working on a cell that someone else did and restoring from a backup, I usually just remove anything extra just and try to strip it down to one infeed, one pallet station, disable pallet placement and so on. My initial goal is always just to be able to create new unit loads. Once I get that working, then I can add more features back in as needed.

As to the disappearing cases, what gripper is assigned to the unit load, and does that gripper have the product present signals defined in the gripper setup?

• Okay. It's time to stop and listen. Ice is back...

You mention PalletPro. And then HandlingPro.

What software does you're real physical robot have? If it has PalletTool, or PalletTool Turbo, you should be simulating this in PalletPro.

If your real physical robot does not have some version of PalletTool, don't bother with PalletPro, or trying to run PalletPro generated unit loads in a virtual robot running in the HandlingPro environment. PalletTool / PalletPro patterns are not compatable with HandlingTool / Handling Pro.

HandlingTool / HandlingPro and PalletTool / PalletPro are different. PalletTool / PalletPro are derived from HandlingTool / HandlingPro.

A real robot with PalletTool software can be restored into a HandlingTool RoboGuide workcell. Is this what you are having issues with?

This is so confusing. What is actually going on?

And oh F***! What's this about a YouTube video?

• I don’t know if the real robot has any capability to have programs transferred to it, that’s why I’m trying to create program in handling pro. I have done all the pattern in pallet pro, but that was so we could get an idea of how many cases per minute the robot could push out. I am stuck in handling pro for the time being Because my boxes keep disappearing in the simulation. Worst case scenario I’m going to learn how to program the real robot in handling pro and use that knowledge to program the real robot. If I can use pallet pro, then I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.

• What does the real robot have for software? HandlingTool or PalletTool?

That is what will determine which Fanuc PC software suite you use. It is not just something you decide later, it is based upon the actual robot.

• I don’t know what software the real robot has, it still does not have power dropped. The cases were disappearing due to an obscure box that wasn’t checked in a simulation run panel. I’m now halfway through a pallet build in handling pro. It’s just the movements. No IO, and no register statements, only 12 PRa so far. Looking at the program used in pallet pro, it looks like a 1000 line program is being generated for a 96 case pallet. So I need to learn to transfer this pallet pro to the real robot.

• So I need to learn to transfer this pallet pro to the real robot.

Did you understand the posts?

You can't transfer a program created with pallet pro to a robot that hasn't that option installed.

If you have a new robot, there should be a paper with the robot, where the installed options are listed.

• Just to reiterate what Hermann said, there should be a paper with the robot that list the installed options, and also any available uninstalled options.

Also, why can't you discuss what options were ordered with the person who ordered the robot? Or, why can't you just go to the Fanuc website and lookup the specs?

This is critical information. I wouldn't start programming or simulating a robot without it. All your effort may be going to waste!

PalletTool does not generate 1000+ line programs. PalletTool programs are short and concise. They rely on karel variables for position data.

Your statement makes no sense and is not believable. Please prove me wrong by posting the program.

Advertising from our partners