LR Mate 200iB P5 and USER_FRAME

• First time post

We've been having USER_FRAME issues recently. We've replace encoders and joint motors, re-mastered.

We have a plate engraved to use the 3 point method that has worked and proven. What my problem is that in USER the robot is not travelling at a right angle. Y shows a visible shift of the fingers while traveling down a row of parts for pickup. To test I locked a pen to the pickup fingers and using Y1 and X1 motion in USER with the frame active, I cannot draw a right angle. Y1 is not traveling perpendicular to X1 within the USER FRAME.

The job is for the robot to pick from a table of either 48 or 60 parts. set between 4 or 5 rows. It's worked before. Is there a chance there is an encoder miss match from a motor replacement?

Thanks,

Maloy

• I had the exact same behavior on a LR Mate after a BZAL alarm and again after replacing J5 motor and gear unit. In both cases, the mastering went wrong.

Unfortunately, some of the witness marks was missing (I agree with pdl that this is a joke on the LR Mate series). We decided to call Fanuc and they remastered the robot with the master fixture. After that, everything was fine and worked as expected.

• The link from pdl that had a FANUC bulletin link worked at correcting my issue. The robot needed an axis motor replaced, I went back and remastered it close to the original mastering marks, taught a tool frame and then set up my user frame using the tool frame I taught.

Solved my alignment problem and X and Y form a 90-degree motion.

THANKS!

Advertising from our partners