ABB Gamma Rotation in Process Simulate

• I have robots sitting at a 30 degree angle. When I rotate the reference frame -30 degrees everything is operational, but whenever the RCS is restarted the frame resets. I am just concerned that my olp's wont come in correct when the real robot is installed.

I have tried loading a moc. file from a robot I created in Robot studio with the gamma rotation adjusted.

Is there something in this process that I am missing?

• This is the frame that adjusts when you adjust the "reference frame" from the previous post. Is this just something that wont store and you have to always remember to adjust it whenever you restart the RCS?

• I suggest You to not work with PS standard frames, like TCPF or BASEFRAME.

Instead, create a new ones and use it.

When You activate the RCS, you are using a virtual controller, that has its own default values, and it will overwrite the PS ones.

• I fully understand that completely and normally never do, but when the real robots get installed they will go into the MOC file and adjust the gamma rotation, where at in the actual RCS can you make this same adjustment? Here is an example in RobotStudio.

I am just wanting to ensure that my olp's come in correct. I tried to load the moc file into process sim but it didnt seem to effect anything. When I open the moc file up from the robotstudio backup I dont see any reference in there to the Gamma Rotation.

• Ok, I think i figured it out. When I loaded the MOC.cfg file I never updated the frames after that. I just tested it a dozen times and it appears to have worked and the frame stayes rotated with the RCS active.

Advertising from our partners