servo robot laser

• Hi, you can ask from laser owner, some of lasers have filter in their software and also some settings in the laser can for this problem.

They can help better, maybe suggest for external filter too.

• Hi, you can ask from laser owner, some of lasers have filter in their software and also some settings in the laser can for this problem.

They can help better, maybe suggest for external filter too.

Hi, I've already done this. I'm waiting for an answer now. I thought there might be something like ''tips and tricks''. Thanks for your answer.

• change angle

to be serious:

what you have is simple optics and you have two edges:

total reflection

which is actually a mirrow or how you call it "shiny metals"

(my wife always wants to have the mirrow nice and clean - do the opposite)

total absorption

In the past I called it perfect black

Useful values you will get between not at the edges

• I've been using Servo Robot's iCube 350 for 6 years now.

The reflection was a headache.

Use an angle where the laser beam doesn't reflect back at the sensor.

But keep it as close to right angle as possible. I often use 15 deg from right angle.

Also - the laser is meant to give a result in 2D, but at an angle it will start to give a value to the third axis as well. Depending on how you use your search info you might need to zero out the third value.

Using the filters provided in the software helps a lot, but too much filtering might lead you to a point where you're not getting a result (joint not detected) or it's drawing something up from the reflection and you're getting a bad result. Don't know how good are the macros nowadays but I had to modify the search macro so that in such cases the laser would shift on the seam and retry the search. That helped me get to the point where I can run the 2,5-4h cycles with close to zero alarms.

• I do not know the Servo Robot Laser - I only can tell problems found out with other laser sensors:

depending of the type of laser the wave length of the laser light depends of the temperature.

To avoid problems the wave lenght of the laser light and the filter has to match

Advertising from our partners