Condition monitoring within a run program

• Hello all

I am working on a Fanuc R30iA controller with handling pro.

I noticed through some experimenting, that if I start a condition monitor program inside a program that I am running through the "run" command, it seems that as soon as the "run" program finishes the condition program also ends. is there any way to have the condition monitor keep monitoring until I tell it to stop with "end monitor" ?

I guess I could maybe make a system monitor program and have a flag added to the code to basically skip monitoring when I turn on the flag.

let me know what you think. thanks

• Try out what you think will work. You'll learn more from experimenting than you'd ever learn from someone just telling you how to do it.

Regardless of the outcome, please report back your findings, you'll learn more and others will learn from you. You retain something like 85% of what you teach to other people, far more than any other way of learning.

This forum thrives on self discovery.

• What are you trying to accomplish with the monitor? Personally, I'd rather use BG Logic.

I am monitoring a group input, which is the position of a servo drive, so if it goes off position I call an alarm program, so then the operator can hit reset and start to make the drive reset the alarm if needed and move back to position. I would like to use bg logic, but since you can't call programs with it, I'm not sure how I could accomplish this.

Try out what you think will work. You'll learn more from experimenting than you'd ever learn from someone just telling you how to do it.

Regardless of the outcome, please report back your findings, you'll learn more and others will learn from you. You retain something like 85% of what you teach to other people, far more than any other way of learning.

This forum thrives on self discovery.

I like how you think Pdl, but sometimes I get lazy and I have gotten some incredible tips from the forum here, where things just made sense after someone said maybe try this or that, so I like to try my luck here as well. :smiling_face:

• Hallo there

There is a big difference between BG Logic and Multiple running programs.

In BG Logic, the program will continue running from the beginning of the program until the end of the program with an infinite loop, that is why you cannot put JMP LBL on BG Logic to the upline of the program.

In Multiple control "RUN", the program will run from the top of the line until finish, but it won't loop for running, it'll only run again after you call the "RUN" program.

I have tried using this "RUN" control, you can add the Wait condition and also JMP LBL condition or IF condition if the program is finished

e.g
    Wait R[1] = 0

LBL [1]

DO[1] = On

IF R[2] = On , JMP LBL [999]

JMP LBL [1]

LBL [999]

End

with this program, your monitoring program will wait to work until there is some trigger from Register (you can set the register trigger outside the RUN program), and the program will stop after you give another trigger also.

Advertising from our partners