Teach Pendant Cable Compatibility

• Hello,

The company I work at break lots of teach pendant cables on robots and instead of buying a new 10m or 20m cable every time we were wondering if it's possible to just cut the broken end off and solder a new plug onto it. It doesn't worry us that the cable will slowly get shorter and will buy a new cable and repeat the process when the cable gets too short.

The robot controllers we are having the problems with are, R-30iA, R-30iB, R-30iB Plus, R-J3iB.

I don't know the teach pendant numbers off the top of my head but am able to locate them if need be.

The end of the cable that keeps breaking is on the pendant end.

I have been looking into some replacement plugs and I believe this plug should work but just wanted to get some more opinions on it.

If the plug is correct then would someone be able to attach wiring schematics for the plug, cable and pendant.

Thanks in advance.

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • I believe R30iA and older used rs232 and should be compatible with each other, as long as they all have dual channel Estops. The protocol changed starting with R30iB; the B and B+ should be compatible.

If you want to play it safe, don't switch between controllers. As long as you terminate it pin for pin, and have no shorts between the sockets, I don't see any issues. This sounds like a good way to save money.

• Hello, I would like to ask if anyone knows the name of this connector. For cable A660-2007-T364.

Our cable was damaged and we would like to shorten it by a meter

We cannot find the type of replacement connector anywhere

Thanks for advice

• I had the same thing happen, and I did extensive research into it. In short, it is a custom connector made by Hirose for Fanuc. They will not sell it to anyone but Fanuc. I asked them.

With that said, it looks like it is the same as this connector, with one of the keys rotated by 45 degrees. If I was in a jam, I would buy that connector, and just file off the incompatible key.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• They are different, and you will have to file a key (or two) off if you buy the standard connector from Hirose.

Fanuc TP connector:

Hirose 795-8224 connector:

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• hello if you have a cable and connector

you can make a kit to connect a teach to roboguide

i looking for a dammage cable with the connector (& or 3 meters)

ray

Advertising from our partners