Waking up 2 - ZZX200S B Robots after long hibernation

• Yes, you will need to secure it (forklift in the fork pockets would do) to zero and test all the joints really.

However, it looks like you have a functioning controller there for sure.

In order to allow you to jog both ways, you need to temp zero all joints by 2 parts in the following order:

Part 1:

Aux Func 050103- Encoder rotation counter reset screen.

- Select JOINT NO. to 0 for all joints.

- Select JT ANGLE SET to 0.

- Make sure motor power is off and press enter to set.

Part 2:

Aux Func 050101 - Zeroing.

- Select JOINT NO. to 0 for all joints.

- Select JT ANGLE SET to 0.

- Make sure motor power is off and press enter to set.

When you go to the main teach screen then, all joint angles should display 0.000 and you should be able to move the robot freely.

Only do the following if you can get the robot secured from tipping over.

To zero the joints, locate the scribe lines for each JT1 - JT6 and use Joint mode interpolation to drive all individual axes to the scribe lines.

When done, the robot should be in a right angle posture.

Then carry out Part 1 and then Part 2 zeroing again as above to correctly zero the robot.

• Does that mean I'll run into black boxes eventually?

Possibly, but from looking at the electrical bits and the hardware, I think that most of it could be stripped out.

The front panel (big one below the small one), is an automotive design for sure as it has robot and line bypass switch on along with the hold reset.

This could be removed (would need you to make a blank plate to fill the hole) and all the wires could be removed as they will go to the X7,X8,X9, the top large connector and the connector to the rear, so they could be removed to (personally, I would do this).

The 1FS and 1JR board could be removed and then just some tickling in the software (settings) could be returned to a standard controller.

• After re-zeroing, get the RAM battery changed and make another backup.

The next step would be to strip out the front panel, additional connectors and wires and then set X7, X8, X9 jumpers to that in the external IO manual Page 71 (A-36) and then make some software changes to get it back to a clean default state.

• Hi kwakisaki happy Saturday

I'm back at it with robot #1 with D+ controller

I booted up and ran ZROBOT - chose model and 6 axes

I turned off #4 dip switch on S8 1RB board (all are off now)

Loaded DARMID

- selected controller side

- rebooted

I cleared checksum errors and now pendent is clear of errors. (see photo 1)

Everything looks good but motor power will still not initialize. When I press motor power it beeps but never turns on.

I found a funny scribble on the side that says intelilink broken - I've tried those switches in all positions but still nothing. (front panel photo attached).

Thoughts on what could still be disabling motor power but not showing error?

• Some more progress on Controller #1 then.

- I would try a backup again and see if it completes it.

- With motor power, is the orange lamp lit up on the front of the panel.

- When you press the deadmans, do you hear the contactors and brakes release.

• Still getting CPU error hang up when SAVE ALLDATA - Always happens at AUX

No orange lamp turns on - other robot controller lights up when i press motor power on pendant

No sounds when pulling deadman - but ext hold goes away on pendant and motor power orange square pops up.

• Still getting CPU error hang up when SAVE ALLDATA - Always happens at AUX

This is definitely not a good sign for the 1RA board.

Just to refresh, can you tell me how X7, X8 and X9 are wired up - ie what have you changed, what have you left?

Can you post the backup (even though it is hanging) and also a screenshot of where it is hanging?

• This is what I get when running SAVE ALLDATA via serial - attached is resulting backup. I will try to PCMIA card now - i believe i get a slightly different error.

• Jumpers look good.

Cheers for the backup, yes if could try PCMCIA card as well that would be great.

What I think is happening here:

- Data is stored in memory addresses on the volatile memory during normal usage.

- A file allocation table (like a directory stores where these files are saved - a pointer for the CPU).

- So when a request to access certain data, the file allocation table is the look up for where it is.

When memory gets old (exceeded read/write recommendations by manufacturer of memory) or damaged caps/transistors in the memory IC's, then memory corruption happens.

- I call this robot Alzheimer's.

Sometimes the file allocation table points to the wrong memory address, or it points to the right memory address, but the data is not there/corrupt.

• Looking through maintenance logs all i found was cheeky joke 10 years in the making

Heehee......That's stored in the Arm ID board, love it........ :applaus:

Yes, it appear these is data corruption for sure, that initializing is not able to clear.

You think motor power problem is tied to memory problem?

New 1RA board?

Certainly looks like it at this stage.

But let's see if we can give her a 'nudge'.....and see if she'll dance.

I'm trying to ascertain where the corruption may lie, it does seem to be in the AUX but maybe somewhere further on, so could you try the following file saves.

These are different sections and may take a little time to do, but could provide some good feedback before deciding on whether 1RA is roached or not.

Below are individual file saves process

From RS232 and the terminal editor, please try the following at the command prompt and provide screenshot and file saves of the results type in the following:

1. Enter at command prompt SAVE/ROB robdata

2. Enter at command prompt SAVE/SYS sysdata

3. Enter at command prompt SAVE/IF ifpdata

4. Enter at command prompt SAVE/P/L/R/S userdata

Post back the results, screenshots and files (either zip them in a folder or individual as .txt extensions).

• As the controller #1 is in limbo, worth trying to load somethings in and see if it'll nudge her a little.

Load in the attached file and:

a. See if it completes the load without any errors.

b, If so, try and take an immediate file save again and see if it completes the save this time.

c. Let us know of the results.

• 1. Enter at command prompt SAVE/ROB robdata

2. Enter at command prompt SAVE/SYS sysdata

3. Enter at command prompt SAVE/IF ifpdata

4. Enter at command prompt SAVE/P/L/R/S userdata

Ok - saves completed and combined in attached zip file. All downloaded successfully.

Load in the attached file and:

a. See if it completes the load without any errors.

Loaded with 2 errors - see serial log here:

Any reading I can do on the config file you sent along? Not super human readable.... haha

Thanks for your help!

• Any reading I can do on the config file you sent along? Not super human readable.... haha

Afraid not, that's the readable data from the controller.

The majority of that data is internal data as opposed to client/user data which is not documented as changeable data from a client/user perspective.

Can you try a full file save again see if the hang up clears/moves somewhere else?

- Show screenshots again.

If that fails, load up the attached, provide screenshots and see if the hang up clears.

• Can you try a full file save again see if the hang up clears/moves somewhere else?

- Show screenshots again.

If that fails, load up the attached, provide screenshots and see if the hang up clears.

Loaded successfully but still hanging up when I do SAVE alldata. This time no errors though - just stalls. Pendant freezes too.

Curious that it shows 2 robots now upon boot up?

No errors showing but still motor power won't turn on.

When I try SAVE alldata to PCMCIA:

• I think 1RA is goosed or has some bad memory blocks which cannot be cleared.

As a final test, pull the relay board and RIO board out, so that all that is connected in the card rack is:

- 1KP

- 1RA (Remove the battery from it for a few hours).

- 1RB

- AVR

Disconnect the actual robot umbilicals so that it is just the controller.

Carry out a hardware initialization and post back the screens/errors displayed.

- If you could video the RS232 screen during bootup showing the initialization too.

Do not try and load anything in or change any settings.

Advertising from our partners