RJ-2 Won't Start in Remote

• I am trying to start my RJ-2 robot in remote with UOPs and I'm getting all the signals I need to start (IMSTP, SFSPD, Enable and I see the cycle start pulse) but I get nothing from the robot. In Local I hit Cycle Start button and it runs PNS0001 just like I am trying to do. I assume its a variable that I can't find that needs to be turned off or on. Also, I don't not have the config menu under system. I do have UOP Enabled.

Any help please.

• I am now able to get it to cycle in auto now. It has to do with my 24 vdc to UI(9). I was just running 24v straight to it. Once I pulsed with cycle start it worked. Now with the PLC triggering it I am having similar issues. Do I need to use PNS Strobe? I have never needed to in the past. I am only running one single program.

• What is your program select method set to? (It's under Setup > Program Select)

If you only want to start the same program, I would use "Other". If you use "Other", make sure to go into the details setting and select the program that you want use.

• What is your program select method set to? (It's under Setup > Program Select)

If you only want to start the same program, I would use "Other". If you use "Other", make sure to go into the details setting and select the program that you want use.

I do not have program select menu available in setup.

I have the program name in $shell_wrk. $rout_name.

That seems to work for now.

If there is a more reliable way so an operator doesn't leave a different program as the last one selected that would help.

• Try setting these to use the "other" start method.

$SHELL_WRK.$cust_start = 1

$SHELL_WRK.$cust_name = program name

If that doesn't work then you will need to review the PNS timing diagram in the manual. It does use PNS Strobe.

Advertising from our partners