Kuka KRC I/O greyed out and DeviceNet error

• Dear All,

Maybe you will be able to help me. Newbie on Kuka :smiling_face:

Kuka KRC2 Kr C v5.4.14

Kuka robot connected to turning table via device net:

• On Kuka side MFC card, connector X801 (led 1 and led 2 - no light);
    • On turning table side Delta DVP-12SA2 with DVPDNET module;

Not sure if robot and table was working before I changed original Hdd to SSD (needed to delete restoration data on windows boot);

Hdd to SSD just cloned entire disk sector by sector;

Wth SSD system boots, can move the robot arm. somehow there is no communication with turning table.

On KUKA edited the devnet.ini file. Added debug=1 and logfile=1.

Questions :

• On Expert and Administrator mode I/O selection is greyed out - how could I fix this ?
    • In devicenet.log (attached) some errors appeared, how to rectify them ?
    • How to check if MFC is communicating with Delta controller (turning table side) ?

As only one attachment is allowed, I attach zip file with all info.

Would be grateful for your support.

Thank you,

soundwawe

• Wiring remained as it was. Then changed to new wire - still the same.

Can wiring cause

On Expert and Administrator mode I/O selection is greyed out ?

Thank you,

soundwawe

• Wiring remained as it was. Then changed to new wire - still the same.

think about it... how are statements like that going to allow anyone come up with a tip or suggestion that can help you?

if you have a problem and need help, reporting opinion pieces and superficial info is useless. you need to dig deeper and share meaningful info. this means focusing on facts, things that leave no doubt...

if you want to convince anyone that wiring is correct - show your wiring.

DNET wiring needs:

a) correct cable

b) correct termination

c) 24VDC supply

d) correct shielding and grounding

e) correct topology

and you showed none of that. what proof do you have that any of that is done correctly? and that is just wiring.

DNET configuration needs:

a) correct node assignment

b) correct speed setting

c) correct mapping

and you only showed bits and pieced of that. what proof do you have that any of that is done correctly? how certain you are that your node is really using MacID 5 as shown in DevNet.ini? how certain you are that speed (baud rate) matches what you configured in DevNEt.ini?

What makes you think that I/O mapping is correct?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Dear panic mode,

Thank you for your answer. I agree that i am not right at this point. Sorry for that.

• Do I understand correctly, that if cable link is not working between nodes that I/O option will be greyed out in Kuka ?

Cable currently used is not DeviceNet, but standard shielded cable, ordered deviceNet cable;

24V supply is provided from slave side power supply;

120 Ohms resistors are on both end of cable;

Shielding is connected to correct pin, what do you mean regarding grounding ?

Connected to DVPDNET module, it says Node address 5, slave. Picture in attachment. Speed is also set to 500.

Regarding I/O assignments - it was working before, and was told, that nobody did any modifications on equipment.

Thank you,

soundwawe

• Cable currently used is not DeviceNet, but standard shielded cable, ordered deviceNet cable;

24V supply is provided from slave side power supply;

120 Ohms resistors are on both end of cable;

Shielding is connected to correct pin, what do you mean regarding grounding ?

not sure what is meant by standard shielded cable... to many people that would be RG58.

24V supply is provided from ... to ...? how about connection diagram? 120 Ohm resistors are at both ends of what cable? 24V? see how things become fuzzy when open to interpretation?

shield is supposed to be grounded, not left floating. it should be connected to ground but in one place only.

but suppose wiring is ok, bus cable is short and electrically things are ok.

if the DeviceNet slave configuration is flexible, what is the size of the mapped image?

i find it very strange that a tiny PLC with just handful of I/O (8 +4?) uses massive 256bit + 32bit for DeviceNet exchange (as shown in IOSYS.INI).

if that is the case, why not replace it with plain DeviceNet I/O module? that would likely simplify setup.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• the grayed out menu (Configure>I/O Driver) is normal since you have program selected. you cannot have program running while you are trying to configure things.

3) read 1 and 2

• thank you for information.

Next steps from my side:

• Devicenet cable ordered, will be installed according to specifications (grounding, terminating resistors on can line);
    • Also read thread Devicenet problems
    • Also will try dnShow command on Telnet;

Will be at client in two weeks, will inform about progress.

Thank you and best wishes,

soundwawe

• Dear All,

Steps done:

• Helukabel DeviceNet cable installed;
    • 120 ohms resistors +/- 1% on both ends of cable (signal wires);
    • On plc side +24V connected to devicenet cable appropriate contacts;
    • On PLc side shield connected to 0V and ground;
    • On robot side shield connected only to pin3 of connector and nowhere else;

In general whole system does not work :), but...

If I switch off PLC, I get message on KUKA

Can we state that physical communication between Kuka and PLC through DeviceNet is working ?

And only logical assignment of I/O is failing ?

Is it possible to test any of these signals ?

[DEVNET]

;------- inputs -------

INW2=5,0 ;Digital Input $in[17-32]

INW4=5,2 ;Digital Input $in[33-48]

INW6=5,4 ;Digital Input $in[49-64]

INW8=5,6 ;Digital Input $in[65-80]

INW10=5,8 ;Digital Input $in[81-96]

INW12=5,10 ;Digital Input $in[97-112]

INW14=5,12 ;Digital Input $in[113-128]

INW16=5,14 ;Digital Input $in[129-144]

INW18=5,16 ;Digital Input $in[145-160]

INW20=5,18 ;Digital Input $in[161-176]

INW22=5,20 ;Digital Input $in[177-192]

INW24=5,22 ;Digital Input $in[193-208]

INW26=5,24 ;Digital Input $in[209-224]

INW28=5,26 ;Digital Input $in[225-240]

INW30=5,28 ;Digital Input $in[241-256]

INW32=5,30 ;Digital Input $in[257-272]

;------- outputs -------

OUTW2=5,0 ;Digital Output $out[17-32]

OUTW4=5,2 ;Digital Output $out[33-48]

From PLC side was able to download Ladder and FBD diagrams. Found signal M424 (robot at home position). But what I understood, that in devicenet module there should be mapping applied.

This weekend will try to dig deeper into devicenet module and to check if it is possible to download any mappings or configurations.

Thank you all,

Soundwawe

• Do the DeviceNet error messages clear when the PLC is running?

Testing the signals is easy enough.

Code
    FOR x = 17 to 272
      $OUT[x] = TRUE
      WAIT SEC 0.5
      $OUT[x] = FALSE
    ENDFOR

Testing the inputs is a bit more involved, but you can examine them directly in the Monitor screen. Or, you could simply echo them:

Code
    LOOP
      FOR x = 17 to 48
        $OUT[x] = $IN[x]
      ENDFOR  
    ENDLOOP

With this program running, the PLC should see the signals from the robot matching the signals it sends to the robot.

• check node address of your device. robot is told to look for one with node address 5 but that device is either not on the bus (maybe needs to be powered) or it is not connected to bus correctly (for example swapped data lines) or it has a different node address.

3) read 1 and 2

• Dear SkyeFire and panic mode,

Thank you for your answers. Node address on slave is 5 (plc side). If I switch on PLC, DeviceNet message clears.

Maybe stupid question. How to find monitor screen ? Or should I go to search for manuals ?

Thank you,

Soundwawe

• Seems that problem is not going away.

Even after closing program I/O is greyed out. On Expert and Admin accounts also.

What I understand, that something is wrong with driver or configuration. Have no clue what.

One device is not installed in device manager, tried to restart, but did not work. Is it MFC card or ?

Would be grateful for your help.

• What will you find under

The OS for KSS v5.4.14 is WinXPe!

WinXPe requires a driver installed for every pc card.

If the pc card is owned by vxworks you should find a dummy driver installed here - otherwise BIG TROUBLE

• Dear MOM,

I checked and it is as in your picture. Meaning driver for MFC card is installed.

So question remains about greyed out I/O selection. Would be grateful for any help and hints. Do not know if I am not seeing obvious or there is something really wrong :thinking_face:

• soundwawe

what hardware do you actually have?

Could you give a screen shot showing main board

KR C2: Soyo 733Mhz

KR C2ed05: FSC 2.00 Ghz

Depending on that you may have MFC2 or MFC3

@ others

could you make a screen shot of devices owned by vxworks?

Big problem:

Using the device driver in the wrong OS will cause problems (sooner or later)

MFC, IO Cards not be shown as Windows devices (must be dummy drivers)

Network cards must be shown who is actually access them

vxworks: dummy driver for windows (driver included in vxworks)

window: window driver

Also important: the cards has to sit in the correct slot (especially KR C2ed05)

• Dear MOM,

Regarding card slots, client says that robot and table was working since the beginning. No manipulation with card places has been done.

Regarding screenshot of mainboard - will do tomorrow.

In my last image it is seen MFC3 dummy device.

Is it possible to state, that greyed out I/O selection is because of issues on Kuka side ?

Advertising from our partners