TM Yaskawa - Cycle time - DX200

• Hi,

So basically i want to know the cycle time of a job and i saw there is a "Timer" that counts time as long as i want it. The thing is this timer is not in minutes, its just adding seconds. I tried to use the variable TM i used, for example, TM000, to do a conversion but it doesnt show up in the instructions "Arith", for example Set, add, etc... . Also i cannot display the Timer on my IF Panel.

Is there any way to convert those timer variables to Minutes:Second and display it on IF Panel.

Best Regards,

Bruno Nogueira

• It is a timer, so the time is in hundredths of a second. You don’t need to convert anything if the time is staying within the controller. Display the TM on its own line. Under Display is Time Measurement. This can display the time in a display that appears like Cycle Time or Job Details after you set it up.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• It is a timer, so the time is in hundredths of a second. You don’t need to convert anything if the time is staying within the controller. Display the TM on its own line. Under Display is Time Measurement. This can display the time in a display that appears like Cycle Time or Job Details after you set it up.

What do you mean by "Under display is time measurement." What display, you mean in IF Panel or Settings? "Display the TM on its own line." And what do you mean by display the TM on its own line.

• Please download the YRC Operator’s Manual from Motoman.com

Section 6-18 explains what I am talking about step by step.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Please download the YRC Operator’s Manual from Motoman.com

Section 6-18 explains what I am talking about step by step.

Did that, read the section and now i know how to display TM and cycle time inside the job, but is there anyway to display it on IF Panel for easy use to the operator?.

• How is it easier to look for it in IF panel, than to constantly have it displayed on the screen from DISPLAY -> TIME MEASUREMENT?

For logging purpose I've greated a macro that records TM info into S-variables.

It stores the product name (taken from the job file, thus changeable by the end user) and adds the time that it took for the robot to execute the job (playback time) + the time robot was stationary (loading of the product + down time from errors during playback). If the time values exceed 1hour, time is given in hours + minutes, if it's less than hour then it's given in minutes and seconds.

Advertising from our partners