RTPM parameter setting

• Hello,

There were difficulties with setting the RTPM at work with the FA010L-A001, D controller.

When running the “rtmon1” command, the value in the Cur.Act (A) column is 5.30A.

If we set the “Weld Current” 5 A in “Arc weld condition modify” menu, RTPM starts to work correctly, but the changes are so small that the effect of RTPM is not visible.

We tried to configure GAIN in the “Tracking Gain/Bios” menu, but the effect was insignificant.

How to configure Cur.Act (A) that the values are the same as on the welding machine (150-200А)?

• Welcome to the forum........ :beerchug:

How have you configured the analog outputs on 1GW/1HW for voltage/current demands to weld power source, what analog settings are you using 0/+15, 0/+10, -10/+10.

Have you set and tuned Aux 140401 parameters so that you have correct analog output values for weld voltage/current and maximum analog output voltage.....it doesn't sound like you have set this.

I would check this is setup correctly, if not the the voltage/current relationship will not be correct.

More information is required for your setup to be honest.

• Hello, kwakisaki
    Thank you for the congratulations.

Now RTPM(1FH board) is installed at work and DIP switches are configured according to the manual.

We tried to configure it, but unfortunately there is no reaction. Can you tell me in which manual i can see more details?

• You have not told me anything about your setup:

1. How is controller wired to weld power source.

2. Are you using analog output from 1HW to set voltage and current demand to weld power source.

3. Have you set correct voltage selection on 1HW board to match with weld power source.

4. Have you set Aux 140401 parameters to ensure correct voltage and current relationship between controller and weld power source.

If you don't know what the above are, then I expect they haven't been set.

Once they are set correctly, 1FH should start to perform better as 1FH uses feedback from weld power source.

If feedback is reflecting what controller is sending, then what controller is sending must be correct.

This feedback is usually reflection of what controller is asking for, so relationship for voltage and current is critical.

Attached is 1FH Manual, Arc Operation Manual and Thick Plate Option

Arc Operation Manual has section for linearization of relationship and RTPM commands to use.

Thick plate Option Manual contains further explanation and usage of RTPM function.

Advertising from our partners