Import parts from Projekt

• Hi all,

i´ve done some work from home and now i would like to import all those changes to the real robot. I´ve merged the changes to the projekt thats active in the "configuration" workspace but now i want to transfer ONLY the changes not the whole project to the robot. Is there a way to do this?

thanks

• I know, i followed the instructions on menus after that... but it simply didnt work even by merging one single line in config.dat or one single new program... None of the changes appeared on the robot or the workspace... Normally this should do the job? I wondered if i was doing something wrong but i did exactly whats been described in WV manual...

• My method when only changing program and data files is: using beyond compare for copying all the changes into the actual project.

I also had issues like yours in the past, since then I didn't try it again with the merge function. My method works for me, the methods and success in WoV change every now and then, I'm not willing to be the beta tester for Kuka.

• I'm not sure if the WoV merge function works for sections of individual files.

So You can compare two projects, and insert the full config.dat from one at another, but You can't merge specific sections, as You would do using something as WinMerge, Beyond Compare or KDiff3.

• Thank you all for your replies, I think I'm gonna give beyond compare a try!

Overall I feel like Kuka is a bit aimless software wise. You need countless programming tools for functionality other companies create in a single one...

Advertising from our partners