Irc5 1600 - "connecting to the robot controller"

• Hi

This is my first robot with IRC5, so im not to experience.

When I turn on the Robot in the flex pedant shows this message "connecting to the robot controller" endless, it not pass from there.

I check the connections and I think is OK.

The lights of the pc :

HEALTH - GREEN

COMM - GREEN Blink

I connect to the Robotstudio (5.15) in the Service Port with a ethernet cable and I can see the controller, I can see some minor error (update revolver, ...) but I can't open the flex pendant in robotstudio.

I try a p-reboot but the state is the same.

1-How can I resolve this ?

2-why in the robot studio online I can't show the flex pendant ?

Thanks

• Hi,

at first I would check:

- FlexPendant cable plug is firmly connected to the cabinet, wiggle it a bit while fastening

- If the FP has marks on it, that it could have been dropped, I'd check the cable connections on FP's side too (under the black plastic lid on the backside of FP, that is secured with two screws)

- TPU ethernet plug on main computer is pushed all the way in

- Main computer has constant 24V power input

- Does that fan inside main computer rotate ok or is it noisy or stopped

- What revision that main computer is (3HAC.../rev), if it is DSQC639 as I assume

- Does the main comp start ok, if CMOS battery is removed (3V button battery on main computer)

Easy checks and first and foremost...free. :smiling_face:

Remember to use that blue earthing bracelet if you start to work with main comp.

Could be a problem with main comp itself or memory card, but as I said, I'd start with those easy checks.

• before i would fiddle with the connections i would at first just reset the FP (hole in the middle of the backside of the FP) and if that doesn´t help reload the FP image

thats what helped me most of the time

to reload the image press and hold the stop button+1st programmable button on power up

• before i would fiddle with the connections i would at first just reset the FP (hole in the middle of the backside of the FP) and if that doesn´t help reload the FP image

thats what helped me most of the time

to reload the image press and hold the stop button+1st programmable button on power up

:thumbs_up: yep, should try these too.

If I remember right, haven't helped me with this connecting issue tho, only on screen freezing and all kind of other FP errors.

• Hello,

I have the same problem with ABB robot. I checked everything from the above suggestions and doesn't work. How did you solve this?

• Try:

• Checking the connections inside the pendant. Remove the two screws where the cable enters the pendant than carefully remove the cover and check the RJ45 connection
    • Replacing the cable between the pendant and control
    • Replacing the pendant with a known functional unit
  • We checked the cable and the pendant and everything seems fine. I also try with one other pendant on this robot and I have the same issue. Accordingly, the problem is hiding somewhere in the robot cabinet.

• 100% is correctly connected. Do you mean the RJ45 which is connected to the TPU port in the main computer? He is connected, but the signal lights are yellow, not green.

• There is a harness that runs from the pendant receptacle on the front of the controller and terminates with the green RJ45 connector.

An open circuit in that harness could exhibit the symptoms you are having.

A cable qualifier will help validate pathway integrity. The below is from a working IRC5, from the RJ45 at the pendant to the RJ45 connector in the controller with the green jacket for TPU. The length is attributable to a 30 meter cable.

Edited 3 times, last by SomeTekk ().

Advertising from our partners