Robot tilt

• There are several threads on the forum regarding the tilting of the robot to correct the backlash on the A1 axis.

I have a question, has someone tilted a heavier robot with a load capacity of 500-600 kg? I am asking because Kuka says they cannot be tilted because they are mechanically different and will not work.

• the only reason one would do that is to preload A1 to minimize backlash. when doing so, tilt up to 10deg is used. on a larger robot tilt could be smaller since the bigger robots are heavier.

but you went the other way and decided to take a giant robot, tilt it by 30deg and you are surprised with results? and then manufacturer tells you to not do that but you still want to do it? sooo.... since you are ignoring advice and already made your mind, what is there to discuss?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• hydra KUKA KR480

panic mode I am asking because I am thinking of changing the robot to a lighter one - KR 480, but I do not know if it will be successful. As for KUKA, they said many times that something cannot be done or is impossible. Not always truthfully.

• perhaps try defining what backlash etc is acceptable for the process you work with. then try selecting robot that meets that (if possible). maybe it exists but...

i don't think i have seen robot tilted 30deg before.

and don't think i have seen tilted any robot rated over 120 kg and you are 5-6 times over that.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners