Second inquiry about servo gripper overload

• Hello

Thank you for your help as always.

After getting help with overloading the servo gripper, I ran into another problem while using the robot.

Problem 1:

- Load factor 30~80 when driving load (the load factor gradually increases and decreases until 70~80). There is no overload alarm.

(Within about 4 load factor during no-load operation)

Possible causes:

- I think the load is occurring due to product deviation (-3~3mm).

question:

1. In the case of load factor, I check the unit with the as command (zmtload command, %?)

2. If “%” in question 1 is correct, does it mean the rated torque of the servo motor?

3. Are there any countermeasures to reduce the load factor when driving the load?

4. In the case of E03 controller, does the external shaft also include a regenerative resistor option?

• AD
  • I am really struggling understanding this.

Problem 1:

- Load factor 30~80 when driving load (the load factor gradually increases and decreases until 70~80). There is no overload alarm.

(Within about 4 load factor during no-load operation)

You start with problem 1: and inside you state 'no overload alarm', so what is the problem?

Possible causes:

- I think the load is occurring due to product deviation (-3~3mm).

So you need to overcome product deviation by maybe centralizing this.

1. In the case of load factor, I check the unit with the as command (zmtload command, %?)

Sorry, no idea what this is, please explain?

3. Are there any countermeasures to reduce the load factor when driving the load?

Possibly by using soft absorber function, but I have never attempted to integrate that with a servo gripper before, so I couldn't advise.

It could be worth considering using a Servo Gun application robot, whereby settings and parameters are available to set Force characteristics to the external axis.

It could also be worth considering using a separate intelligent motor controller for the servo gripper instead.

4. In the case of E03 controller, does the external shaft also include a regenerative resistor option?

Standard Kawasaki amplifiers are supplied from the DC bus from the controller to create the servo motor AC output, and any regeneration is feedback to the controller DC bus, where the regeneration is managed by the controller, not the amplifier.

Personally, I would consider the Mitsubishi combination, as that servo amplifier will probably be more flexible, but you would probably require further advice from Kawasaki on this.

• You start with problem 1: and inside you state 'no overload alarm', so what is the problem?

Sorry, no idea what this is, please explain?

.a = ZMTLOAD(7) When using the command, the load factor is entered in .a.

When .a reaches 100, an overload alarm is triggered.

I'm curious about the units the output of the zmtload command means.

0-100%? 0-100A? 0-100kW? 0~100Nm?

• Where did you get that command from, can you supply the manual?

Don't know why you are not using documented commands like I posted, then you'll know what the returned values actually mean.

You're still over looking the fact that the overload is occurring.

I would be looking how to reduce this by either:

- Looking at the mechanical linkages.

- Looking at whether the current hardware is suitable.

- Looking at whether the current hardware has been correctly setup.

- Limits are there for a reason, circumventing fundamental issues reduces reliability and longevity.

• Where did you get that command from, can you supply the manual?

This command is not in the manual. I found out by chance.

As a result of monitoring, overload occurs when the value reaches 100, so it is expected to be in the 0~100% unit.

In order to reduce the overload, the size of the product has been made more accurate.

Q1:

How many motor capacities can be used for servo grippers on CP180L and E03? Is it possible to use up to 3.1kW as stated in the manual?

(In case of external shaft through robot in-flight cable)

• Never knew they produced a 3.1Kw motor, which manual are you referring to......Ah I see it now.

I would ask Kawasaki about this, as I believe the max power available as an external axis for a CP Series is 1800W from what I've read.