Upgrade from KUKA KRC v4.1.4SP02 to KRC v4.1.7SP08

• Hello everyone. I wanted to update the software of a vkr 200/2 with a "K C1 v2" controler, but I can't find the new version to update it. Do any of you have it or know how to get it? Thanks a lot.

• yes, it is one of variants. image shows it has different disconnect switch (rotary) and the cabinet door is open. at such old product label is often degraded or damaged but there is a backup label inside on the right wall.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• yes, it is one of variants. image shows it has different disconnect switch (rotary) and the cabinet door is open. at such old product label is often degraded or damaged but there is a backup label inside on the right wall.

it,s the first photo I uploaded

• no... the first photo is label of the KUKA PC. each component has label. but cabinet also has one and it will show things like power requirement (400V 25A or similar)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• The only place where you probably may get it is thru ebay.

The software was declared about 20 years ago as "deprecated"

One solution would be:

give kuka the serial number of the robot (or cabinet)

They are able to check which software version was originally installed and if this was a different version - no chance

On the other hand:

why do you want to update?

If the software is doing the job as expected - there is no reason to update!

The software is copyright protected and therefore this forum is the wrong place to ask.

• Ebay can certainly be a good option.

I don't think that those from kuka will pay attention to me.

And, I want to change the software because it doesn't really do what I want.

it does not attend to instructions in C and it does not have many things necessary to make a palletizing routine. it's too old.

For example: my version (which is the original) does not have the "search" instruction, nor subroutines that accept movement instructions (only calculation). But the one I'm looking for does have them

• it does not attend to instructions in C

No industrial robot that I know of runs C code. There's no KRC1 upgrade that will do that.

For example: my version (which is the original) does not have the "search" instruction, nor subroutines that accept movement instructions (only calculation). But the one I'm looking for does have them

KRL does not have a "search" instruction, but Interrupts to build your own Search routine have always been supported. And subroutines have always been able to execute motion instructions. And the KRC1 was definitely able to do Palletizing mathematics, I wrote some back in the day.

What exactly are you expecting this robot to have, that it doesn't? It sounds like you're comparing a "stock" KRC to something with lots of option packages installed.

• And, I want to change the software because it doesn't really do what I want.

You want to change from KSS 4.1 to KSS V4.1. They are additional super features in the newer version.

As SkyFire wrote:

You have to write the subroutines you need using the existing funtions

Advertising from our partners