Unexpected yet repeatable wobble with CX110L

• Hello!

I'm a control engineer currently working on a project using Kawasaki CX110L for machining plastic covers. I am experiencing some issues and our local Kawasaki branch suggested replacing our arm with BX100L, but I don't really feel convinced to do that just yet so I decided to try and get the second opinion here :smiling_face:

The issue is, our CX110L doesn't exactly follow the paths we'd like it to follow, even though it reaches the right coordinates eventually. This is most visible when trying to drill holes, and we have even recorded a movie showing this specific issue (please skip to 2:30 and notice the wobble of the cutter tip as it stops/starts moving):

https://thessla-my.sharepoint.…1QlE8Lw7Qu25TgtQ?e=af7Tk8

Is this just something a CX110L does? Have anyone experienced anything similar and successfully implemented a software solution? Thank you for your time reading this, any help will be much appreciated.
    Cheers, Pawel

• massula

Approved the thread.
  • Welcome to the forum...... :top:

and our local Kawasaki branch suggested replacing our arm with BX100L, but I don't really feel convinced to do that just yet so I decided to try and get the second opinion here

Why would a public forum opinion out way the supplier, surely your distributor is the best channel for sending your findings to Kawasaki directly and be advised directly from the manufacturer?

Surely sending a file save along with your video directly would yield better results...... :hmmm:

As for an opinion from me:

- Video does not show code in execution.

- Video does not show complete posture of arm.

- Video does not show if the robot has been configured for that tool.

- Yes, I can see 'wobble', but I could actually program the robot to do that.

- 110Kg payload robot with what appears to be a 'feather' on the end in reflection....questionable?

More information is needed:

- File save

- Execution code

- Weight parameters

- Tcp setting.

- Is this OOBE or has there been any adjustments made in order to try and resolve it.

• Thank you for your reply! While I can't provide you with all the required information just yet, you inspired me by saying "I could actually program the robot to do that" - I did some quick measurements, programmed the path to compensate for what's happening and surprisingly, it worked. The wobble has been reduced by what looks like over 60%. I will be back to elaborate once I get the production department off my back.

Advertising from our partners