SAVE TIMERS VALUES AT THE PC

• I'm reprograming a Kawasaki UX200. I enter a few TIMERs in the code line and save them in REAL VARIABLES, those anyone know how could i save this varaibles so i can work with them at PC?

• Welcome to the forum............. :top:

Being a UX200, I suspect it is on a C controller and may not have ethernet or tcp/ip functionality.

how could i save this varaibles so i can work with them at PC

Depends what you mean exactly.

1. Simply save the variables to text file and open them in a PC.

2. Use RS232 to squirt the data out to the PC if you have the host communication option enabled.

3. Use Ethernet and tcp/ip to send the data out to a PC (if you can get hold of the correct firmware).

• Hello thank u for the answer!!

I just wanted to simply save the variables to a text file. I´m looking to save the specific time of the process using the timers so I can analyse the results.

So i don´t know how to save them automaticaly when the process ends and storage them like an historic time table.

Thank u in advance

• you need a variable to record how long the process takes. For example:

var_time = TIMER(1)

instructions...

CALL program

instructions...

var_time = TIMER(1) - var_time ; this will give you the difference, therefore how long it took...

To save it in the historic you need to create an array variable, for example:

index = 1

time[index] = var_time

index = index + 1

IF index == 20 THEN

index = 1

END

• Your not very clear on your intentions:

- Save variables so you can use them on a PC.

- Save variables to a text file to analyse

Simply put KCwin32/KCWinTCP/KRTerm on a PC.

- Make sure you have a connection between controller and PC (RS232 or Ethernet).

- Launch the application.

- Execute your program.

- SAVE/R 'filename' = program name

This will create a text file with extension .rv containing all the variables contained in the program.

The text file can be viewed in any text editor.

To create an automatic way of saving, then you could use the Autosave Aux function, set the relevant program and dedicated signal or time/date frequency and make sure a USB memory stick is plugged in.

• Thanks both of u for de help!!

I use that coding and it really work as I wanted. Also I was successful saving the variables.

I was wondering if there is any posibility to recode the as program in a text file, and load it to the robot (kcwin) ?? because I had to do the coding in the workshop the last time and it took a time.

Thanks and best regards.

• I mean, if i do a backup of the code at the workshop and save it like a text file, later i can do some modifications at the text file. The question is, once I made the modifications can I load this text file to the Kcwin and how?

• Absolutely.

You just need that text file to be stored in the root directory of the KCWin executable and inside KCWin when online, use the LOAD command at the command prompt.

Note:

Unless the format/syntax is correct, the robot may reject some of the code when it's parsed into the controller during the load.

The KCWin will display errors during the load if this is the case.

If the data to be loaded already exists in the controller, it will automatically overwrite it with what is in the backup, if it doesn't exist, it will add it.

Therefore I always recommend to my clients, ONLY load in what you need to load in, or else you may accidently change something you didn't intend to and could introduce a problem, that wasn't there before the load.

I recommend to make a full file save before you attempt a load.

Check out the existing file save and how it has been compiled.

Practice making section saves, using SAVE/P, SAVE/L, SAVE/R, SAVE xxxxx = program name.

Look at the resulting file format/syntax and make your text file similar before saving.

When making offline files to load, use a file save as a reference to what the controller expects.

ANY file to be loaded, requires the last .END line to be terminated with a carriage return before saving.

ie after .END, press carriage return to bring cursor to new line and then save it.

Failure to do this, will result in the load to produce an error (this is a common mistake).

If your saved file has extension .as, then you only need to type in LOAD 'filename'.

If your save file has another extension like .pg or .txt, then you need to type in LOAD 'filename'.xx

Advertising from our partners