Monitor To Call Home

• Hello,

I have a Spray robot interfaced with a die cast machine, on the DCM there is a button "Home Robot" which turns on DI 7 on the robot.

How can I set this up to if DI 7 = ON, call HOME.

I tried with a monitor instruction and When DI 7=ON, Call Home. But alas, action programs can't have motion control.

Is there a way to make this work, or is there a better way to do it? (I don't know how to program in Karel though :frowning_face: )

EDIT:The DCM is not PLC controlling the robot. Just interfacing via profinet.

Thanks!

Edited once, last by KyleW ().

• But will that macro be able to interrupt the current running program?
    Since the robot isn't controlled by a PLC we're running it from the start button. We just start a Main program where it loops and waits for the DCM to tell it to start spraying. At any point during this spray cycle we want it to be able to stop, go home and then keep running the Main (though if it can't keep running main because some sort of abort happens that's fine, just would be ideal)

• The macro won't be able to interrupt the main on it's own. You will need to use UOP signals to do that.

Since you don't have a PLC the only option is to use BG Logic to control your UOP. You would configure the UI signals to Flags, then you can turn them on/off as needed in BG logic.

The way I would do it is to put your "home" program at the beginning of main. Then you monitor for your abort condition in BG Logic. When it occurs, pulse the abort signal for 250 msec, wait 250 msec, then pulse your Prod start signal for 250 msec.

You will want to do the same thing for your normal start button so it always starts the same way.

• Ok, I've done something similar to that before so I can do that, but what I ran into when I tried to do that was I couldn't find the start button signal. Do you off hand know where that signal runs? The start/reset button from the op panel.

Thank you so much

Advertising from our partners