KRC4 Gluetech 4.4 with SCA Sys 6000

• Hello everyone,

I am going to start a project where I have to integrate KR 210 2700-2 (KRC4) with SCA Sys 6000 dispensing system using Gluetech 4.4.

I would like to know if there is anyone who has done this before and could provide a project for reference or if there are pointers I should consider while doing this project.

Thanks!

-SB

• Read the manual for GlueTech, and the manual for the dispenser. Pay extra attention to the I/O maps and signal sequencing on both -- they need to match. I haven't used GlueTech since the KRC2, so my first-hand knowledge is badly outdated, but KUKA generally makes their TPs configurable. However, not infinitely so. The number of times I've been stuck with a piece of hardware that couldn't work with the KUKA TP because someone just bought "the cheapest thing in the catalog" without bothering to check compatibility... :wallbash:

Assuming GT is compatible with your dispenser, you'll still have to configure GT to work with the dispenser -- set the right I/O addresses, set certain signals active high vs active low, properly map and scale the analog outputs, etc.

Often, making a spreadsheet linking each signal on one side to its counterpart on the other device, including address numbers, is a good place to start.

• Thank you for your response. I found on GT's manual that it is compatible with Sys 6000 but did not have an opportunity to ever do this integration on Kuka before. The same on Fanuc was fairly simple analog signal scaling, how are analog signals scaled/calibrated on Kuka robots? Does GT provide options for mapping the analog outs?

• This does not really mean too much

SCA Sys 6000

This is the important part:

Pay extra attention to the I/O maps and signal sequencing on both -- they need to match

The I/o map is part of the firmware

=> what is the firmware version?

I remember having a problem with GlueTech

- one car manufacturer was very happy

- the other car manucfaturer was very (p***) unhappy

Reason:

they had the same hardware but different firmware version!

The name of the company was SCA => ask them for their firmware layout

• The same on Fanuc was fairly simple analog signal scaling, how are analog signals scaled/calibrated on Kuka robots? Does GT provide options for mapping the analog outs?

Conceptually the same as Fanuc, the differences are in the details (of course). The GT manual should show how to set it up specifically for GT. But in general, an analog output ($ANOUT) on a KUKA has a value that ranges from -1.0 to +1.0 (think of it as -100% to +100%). In the I/O config, you map that to the value range the remote device can handle, on KUKA's equivalent of a "group output".

The $ANOUT has to be mapped to the number of bits the remote device accepts, so for an 8-bit word, $ANOUT 1.0 would be 255, but for a 12-bit word 1.0 would be 4095 (in raw binary).

In KRL, there's a command to link the TCP speed to the $ANOUT, with a scaling factor, but I suspect the GT inline forms will make that menu-driven.

Advertising from our partners