OfficeLite/software for service company

• Hi all,

Our company is going to start to work with Kuka robots. We mainly adapt existing software.

The sales representative had proposed KukaSim to us.

After some researches it appears to me that OfficeLite would be a better match:

We have exclusively experience in Fanuc and the backup analyze is to check the main program and see in step mode instruction/instruction to know the workflow. The robot move on 3D environment is a nice to have but not a must.

KukaSim looks to be perfect if you start a new cell but to analyze an existing one, Officelite looks me more interesting because it's a virtual controller which reacts like the actual one.

Do you use both of them for programming offline your robots?

Best regards,

• Eh... OL is good if you only want to analyze code, but it has some serious limits that can hamper its utility for certain types of programming. If your are writing complex programs where the physical motion is a secondary concern, OL can be very useful, but for programs where the motion is the main factor, OL won't give you accurate motion times, or any kind of collision detection.

Also, some options (Force-Torque Control, RSI) can't work with OL. And of course, any program that relies on I/O will have issues.

KukaSim, OTOH, only simulates physical motion, and doesn't execute KRL code. So to do a full simulation, you need both packages, linked together.

• it depends on what you do and how you do it. in my case most code is done in KRL so having OfficeLite to test it is what i care about. But having 3D view to check clearances, show operation etc is great for gaining insights and communication (meetings for example). Recently i started looking into RoboDK and i like it. So far i used it with restrictions but now that i got license for it, i need to find some time to really dive in and make the best of it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• For the old version of KUKA.Sim 3.1, KRL execution must be done over Officelite.

The new version of KUKA.Sim 4.0 now offers the possibility of simulation of KRL code and also 8 multisubmits (with the complete new programming editor and interpreter) and also the functionalities of a real controller. The connection between Real controller, Offficelite or even Offline Programming System (Aka OPS) can be now established over KUKA.SIm, which helps you to transfer, load the KRL modules directly by your simulation or even monitor the motion of a real robot over KUKA.SIM. It is a big improvement of KUKA for their simulation software.

Of course, KUKA Sim can not run optional packages like EKI or RSI, just basic KRL code. But they are developing new features integrated directly into KUKA.SIM (Arctech, Roboteam, Touchsense) to support Offline programming.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can register the KUKA.xpert account to grant the trial license for 14 days for testing.

• Hello All,

Sorry for the delay, quite busy these days...

Thank you for your feedback.

Spoking about RobotDK, I've also tested Visual Components which is really nice software but is quite expensive.

This is also far much better documented than KukaSim (even if there are a lot of similarities).

For Kuka robots, KukaSim 4.0 seems essential. Officelite is more a plus as long as we do not have a controller at home... We can learn how to handle the smartpendant.

KukaSim + KukaConnectivity can really be helpful for virtual commissioning.

• Officelite is more a plus as long as we do not have a controller at home... We can learn how to handle the smartpendant.

i would say it is a bit more complicated that that. it also depends on what type of offline programming one does.

i write elaborate code that is parametrized at run time by measurements and user selection and things can be different on every cycle. and that is only part of it. other things include configuration of the system, communication, file handling, computation, background tasks, user interaction, debugging etc.

so for me it is the officelite that is essential and 3D simulation is more of a plus.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• If you think VC is expensive, don't look at the pricing for Process Simulate!

I'll have a look by curiosity but we do not design the complete line, we are focused on robot programming so VC, ProcessSimulate would be a little bit overkilled for our needs.

i write elaborate code that is parametrized at run time by measurements and user selection and things can be different on every cycle. and that is only part of it. other things include configuration of the system, communication, file handling, computation, background tasks, user interaction, debugging etc

I'm still a layman in Kuka, but most of our Fanuc programs are written in Karel which is the equivalent of KRL in Kuka world I guess. We definitively need to be able to implement/test our routines before delivery.

The new version of KUKA.Sim 4.0 now offers the possibility of simulation of KRL code and also 8 multisubmits (with the complete new programming editor and interpreter) and also the functionalities of a real controller. The connection between Real controller, Offficelite or even Offline Programming System (Aka OPS) can be now established over KUKA.SIm

I'm running the trial license I'll see how far the functionalities of a real controller KukaSim can simulate.

Advertising from our partners