CRX 10iA/L Collaborative robot external deaman

• Hello guys,

It is a common practice with collaborative robots to place a motion enable button on the last wrist.

It's mainly because it is really hard to move the robot precisely with only one arm....

I am trying to external deadman switch, or something that bypasses the one on the TP for a CRX collaborative robot.

My idea was to map the deadman signal to a RI signal which is controlled by the button on the 6th wrist.

I was trying to browse the dcs safety signals, but I could not find the I/O for this.

Do you have any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks beforehands!

• Hello Welding Panda,

I am new to Fanuc robots, and looking for exact same function as you posted. You mentioned there is a factory made solution for this, but I have trouble locating it. Can you please kindly point out where/ or which manual I should look into?

Thanks.

• Hello,

sorry for the late answer. I was traveling.

If I remember correctly, i found it here:

FANUC Robot CRX series: MECHANICAL UNIT - OPERATOR's MANUAL

or here:

FANUC Robot series R-30iB/R-30iB Mate/R-30iB Plus CONTROLLER: Arc Welding Function - OPERATOR'S MANUAL

Have fun in the world of Fanuc! :smiling_face:

• Do you have solution for this problem?

SSO[5] doesnt work for CRX in my system

FANUC has added a switch in the Robot Operation-tab on the Tablet TP in the Manual Guided Teach-section for enabling the MGT without physically pushing the Deadman switch on the Tablet TP base. It has been around for a while.
    If you don't have it, try updating the system software of the controller to the latest one.

Otherwise FANUC has a kit for installing both a MGT handle and some buttons to enable the MGT and switching between MGT mode (FREE, XYZ, WPR) as well as for saving a point to the program. Contact your local FANUC rep to order it. I think it's called "MGT Handle Kit".

Advertising from our partners