Drives button in smartPAd

• Hi all,

Starting a KRC4 robot with KSS8.6.8.

In older robots my AUTOMATIC EXTERNAL procedure start the drives automatically.

In this one, by now, I have to activate drives manually (by pressing the O between the S (submit) and R (program running) and then pressing the I button).

Is there any configuration that changes this behavior in 8.6? Is there any way to activate the drives from the PLC?

PS: in my case I don't have a PLC and I am activating the AUT-EXT inputs via outputs that I change in the submit program.

As always, thank you in advance.

• yes - if you use EXT mode.

in manual modes (T1/T2) drive are enabled by holding enabling switch.

in AUT mode drives are enabled by manually clicking on drives icon

in EXT mode drives are enabled through I/O interface

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for your post panic mode ,

I know that in T1/T2 I have to use the deadman switch, that in AUT you have to use the drives icon, but in this robot, using the same logic than always, in EXT mode it behaves differently than in the other robots I have in the same factory, this one being KSS 8.6.8 and hte previous ones 8.3 or 8.4 (can't remember now from the hotel room).

In this case my customer asked me to remove the PLC and I have needed to connect a few digital outputs to a few digital inputs to be able to simulate a PLC is there handling the AUTEXT IOs, but then I replicated the behavior I have in those other machines and I can't see how to get the same behavior.

In fact drives can be activated only by using the drives icon.

Tomorrow I will try changing the $CHECK_MOVENA variable (name coming from my memory, being at the hotel now).

As they have changed the KFD to KFDx, maybe they have changed the way the robot behaves in this specific topic... My question was if you (the community here) knew about any difference or if, maybe there is something wrong in my code... In any case I've tried codes I've found in the internet and none worked well (all had the same problem).

Let's see what I can find tomorrow.

Thanks again!

• i have used EXT mode with and without external PLC.

as i can tell it works as intended and it is same on every KSS.

i am in front of system running KSS8.6.5 using EXT mode without issue. code was developed long ago (KRC2). tomorrow i will look into another cell running KSS8.7.x

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hi panic mode,

I just found out the reason it was not working... the outputs card that should provide power to the input signals for AUT-EXT to work is connected just after a EL9100 (power supply) which was not active (without drives ON power in the outputs is not active) so it was a deadlock situation, trying to activate power with a signal that only works when power is on...

Code was OK, all was OK, except for this detail.

In all my previous projects this was not a concern as I was performing the AUT-EXT through communication which was not affected by this.

In any case...

Solved!

Thanks for your previous comments!

:winking_face:

Advertising from our partners