M710 iC 50 for milling/chamfering

• Hey guys, we are looking for a solution for gear deburring/chamfering and the problem is that all the machines on the market (all that I have foud) do not meet our production needs and requirements. Either they chamfer the top face edge or the chamfer just isn't deep enough. The required chamfer ranges from 1/45 to 3/45 (mm/deg) depending on the gear module.

So now we are looking in to robot deburring/chamfering and I think that regular deburring spindles won't do the job when it comes to 3/45 chamfer. So if we wanted to use a hsk milling spindle with 8kW of power and 15 kg in weight im afraid that our Fanuc M710 iC50 which is 12 years old and was out of operation since 2016 won't handle well. I know there is error when you create offline programs but if we used a rotary table and the robot would basically move back and forth would that get us more accuracy or/and consistency?

Sorry for the long post guys/girls but I'm looking for a solution to this problem for the last 4 months. Really fed up with gear chamfers😂

Regards

• Gear material is different from gear to gear but the most common is 16MnCr5 with 25-30 HRC.

Accuarcy req at chamfer 1/45° is 0,2 mm and at 3/45° 0,5-0,8 mm.

Cycle times also differ from part to part (some gears have 104 teeth and module 4-small teeth some have 16 teeth and module 20-big teeth), for a gear wtih 104 teeth and module 4 our worker needs 35-40 min for bolth sides. So anything below 20 minutes (10 min each side) would be great, also a big problem with manual labor is consistency.

4 or 5 axis cnc is too expensive, and with a regular 3 axis cnc we cant reach the gear from one side because some of the gears we produce have a shaft extending from the gear's face so a 3 axis machine could not reach in most cases.

Regards

• Payload is really not the right question. It is a matter of rigidity, which you will struggle with on an articulated arm robot. The best robot for it would be a F200ib, parallel link robot or a CNC.

With your M-710 you could do softer materials, such as wood, plastic, or aluminum, but may still have some accuracy issues.

• Even though I machine aluminium with the F200IB every day, I'd recommend the Mikrolar robot if you have to buy new anyways. Much more rigid.

Advertising from our partners