SYS-X42 - Increasing number of communication faults (Lost Frame)

• Hi Robot forum.

So with my current system, I am encountering this warnings, like seen below:

SYS-X42 - Increasing number of communication faults (Lost Frame)

Something that I found really strange is also that, I am not able to change my IP address of the robot. I was doing this because, I wanted to do some debugging, but I found out that it was a Windows update on my PC, that cause me not to be able to ping the robot. The IP address of the robot was 192.168.10.50 and then for just a little of debugging, I changed the IP address of the robot to 192.168.10.51. I actually forgot to change the gateway, but now the strange thing comes:

- When I am logged in as "Administrator" on the robot, and I go to "Start-up" --> "Network Configuration" --> Fixed IP and change e.g. to 192.168.10.51 (and also change the gateway to the same IP address, 192.168.10.51), do a "Cold Start" with "Reload files" checkmark, the IP address goes back to 192.168.10.50.

And now this SYS-X42 warnings comes up after app. 1 minute after restarts.

So first thing: Does SYS-X42 have something to do with changing of IP address?
    Does anyone else have a clue on why this SYS-X42 happens and some debugging steps to get this warning removed?

I look in the ProfiNet communication and here there is fine communication. E.g. sensor values are read fine over ProfiNet, if I e.g monitors the values when I am moving my hand in front of the sensor. However, I also head that SYS-X42 was also not something with ProfiNet communication but more internal communication inside the KRC.

Looking forward for your replies...

My current system contains the following information:

• Robot: KUKA KR50 R2100
    • Controller: KR C5 dualcabinet
    • KSS 8.7.2 HF3
    • HMI version: 8.7 B394
    • Kernel system version: KS V8.7.53394
    • WorkVisual V6.0.24_Build1632
  • Regarding your SYS-X42 warning message, from my experience this message occur when you turn off the power of the controller and immediately switch the power on again (before the controller properly shut down).

It can bei fixed by shut down the controller. After that, turn the main switch off and on again. I have encountered this warning message with several KR C5 micro controller.

Edited 2 times, last by DS186 ().

• Thanks DS186. After actually turning of the KR C5 and doing your suggestion, I was running the robot for a full day, without the SYS-X42 warning message...

Thanks a lot for your help! :smiling_face:

My current system contains the following information:

• Robot: KUKA KR50 R2100
    • Controller: KR C5 dualcabinet
    • KSS 8.7.2 HF3
    • HMI version: 8.7 B394
    • Kernel system version: KS V8.7.53394
    • WorkVisual V6.0.24_Build1632

Advertising from our partners