Development update. How do you program Fanuc robots #2.

• Do you like? 6

The result is only visible to the participants.

Hi everyone!

Based on my previous quiz I have decided to move forward. I made a demo software that allows to open .ls file, edit it and do cross-reference based on variables (it's the most usefull feature that I'm missing in other apps). My main goal was to keep original TP language so people won't need to learn something new. I attached a raw demo video cut of the app that shows basic functionality.

Let me know, would you move from your Notepad++, other code editors to my option?

TestVideo.mp4

• People will most likely stay with what they have used and already learned for years.. going to be tough for people to switch from what they already like.. New programmers might be easier.

• Even when other IDE provides you other features that expedites the development process?

May be, but the advantages must be significant.

At the moment I can't see how your application will get that much better. Already this dropdown selection of the I/O I don't like :frowning_face: . Normally I use the keyboard as much as possible when editing sourcecode.

• My thought was to develope a code editing tool that would be simple as npp/n++ (whatever you want to call it :grinning_squinting_face: ) and at same time embed some useful features that would be able to improve programming experience. I used a lot n++ and Roboguide, other robot's IDEs and don't see it "friendly" at all. Some of them more "friendly", but for some reason most of them are missing some basic things that are pissing me off. It was a reason to use robot's native language in code editor and wrap it with some handy features.

In example with Fanuc, if you use n++ then you need to keep your eye on extra things that you should not wary about at all. Because you are responsible for clear code listing. Bunch of this responsobilities in npp could be automated, but not all of them could be done in npp itself.

Mu goal for this next stage were:

- upload all TP programs straight from the robot.

- upload selected TP program from the robot.

- upload data files (I/O list, Registers list) from the robot.

- save programs, I/O, refisters, etc into "a project" to wrap all files for easy access.

- (*optional) update I/O, registers comments from the app.

- (*optional) code syntaxt highlight.

The app can be potentially expended to support KUKA, Denso, Wittmann robots without any problem. But don't see the reason so far.

• May be, but the advantages must be significant.

At the moment I can't see how your application will get that much better. Already this dropdown selection of the I/O I don't like :frowning_face: . Normally I use the keyboard as much as possible when editing sourcecode.

It was quick example how you can do cross-reference among all opened .ls files. Coding itself done in same fashion like in npp using keyboard.

Advertising from our partners