Path Deviation IRB4600-40 2.55 IRC5 RW6.12

• Good evening ,

I recently replaced an IRB4450S-30 2.4 RW5.11 robot
    by an IRB4600-40 2.55, RW6.12 robot
    the tool used is the same with TCP point in Z: -730mm fron the flange
    The tool is a 10mm-12mm diameter stainless steel rod and has the function of making a hole in a sand mold.
    the IRB4600 robot is having a linear trajectory variation (p1 to p2)
    it is noticed that this variation occurs when the robot exerts the effort on the sand of the mold, causing the loss of the part.
    the current payload of the tool is 13.8kg found via the LoadID routine.
    the program modules were manually migrated to a new controller and the points were rescheduled one by one, taking advantage of the old program.
    we have also tried to inform the robot's Payload Max manually (NO SUCCESSFUL).

I saw some optional ones like "Advanced Robot Motion", I don't know if it would help in this situation,
    Has anyone of you been through something similar and can help?

• This sounds like a backlash issue. Telling the robot the wrong payload can result in path inaccuracies, over or undershoot. You might look into servo tuning to try to increase the robot's stiffness. You can read up on that in the system parameter manual.

• Am I right that you are using the rod to displace sand for a sprue or vent and when you pull it out the rod is damaging the sand? If so, you may want to try to update (or at least check) your wObj OBJ Frame of sand mold and then try the align function inside of jogging to make sure that your P1-P2 movement is a straight line and also perpendicular to your wObj frame.

• In addition to Elderwild's & Lemster68's comments, I'm imagining the old shelf bot pushing down from over the mold with the upper arm & tool more in-line (J5 closer to zero). This would give less mechanical deflection in the upper arm tube than the 2.55m 4600 reaching out over the mold with a greater angle on J5. Depending on the force required to penetrate to the bottom of the hole, the longer upper arm tube of the 2.55 may not be stiff enough.

Does the variation change if you penetrate the sand faster/slower?

Advertising from our partners