S4C+ M2000 won't boot

• Hi Everyone,

My robot is IRB1400 M2000 and was not powered for at least 4 years. Pendant is not communicating with Controller, NS light is OFF, EN Light is OFF. All other signals are OK.

I manage to hook thru null modem cable on MC Console. Deleted the image and rebooted, but no change.

FTP is not working, so I couldn't reload the backup from RobInstall. The only massage on the pendant is: Teachpendant communication lost.

Any ideas?

• Does the yellow LED on the CPU card blink right after powering on? That's the hard drive read LED and it would indicate the CPU card is trying to boot and reading the drive.

Can you verify the teach pendant on another S4C/S4C+ robot?

• Hi Scooter,

Thanks, but I manage to solve the problem. I logged via MC Console with Putty. The OS is VxWorks. I tried several times with "reboot" command, but no success. There is a command bootChange. I started it with option "cd" - default boot. The pendant somehow showed me the option I-Start and X-Start. I choose I-Start and manage to reinstall the system all over again.

• Hi

I am Having an S4C PLUS Controller. The Controller is not booting up while power on it just keep counting.

In CPU red light is blinking. I had changed the CF card and I think card is not getting detected.Does anyone have any solution.

• I am Having an S4C PLUS Controller. The Controller is not booting up while power on it just keep counting.

In CPU red light is blinking. I had changed the CF card and I think card is not getting detected. Does anyone have any solution.

If this CF card was plugged into an CF-to-IDE adapter and plugged into the CPU board, then that CF card was the being used as the hard drive. Removing the old CF card removed the operating system.

• If this CF card was plugged into an CF-to-IDE adapter and plugged into the CPU board, then that CF card was the being used as the hard drive. Removing the old CF card removed the operating system.

I am connecting the cf card directly to the board. No adapters are using. I had tried with many other cards. But still issue remains same.

• You can't use any blank card. It needs the hidden boot partition containing the load software.

If you're plugging in a CF card, you likely have the 3HAC046685-001 kit installed.

You can order a replacement CF from ABB or clone a known good one.

• hi Skooter Presently I am using CF-IDE card. The CF Card is empty and it doesn't contain any files.

Presently on TP it is showing the Wait in progress and count down. On main computer Red LED light is blinking.

The main board also replaced.

Is there any procedure for rebooting or C-start the system at present condition.

Thanks in advance

Edited once, last by pranav ().

• You can't use any blank card. It needs the hidden boot partition containing the load software.

If you're plugging in a CF card, you likely have the 3HAC046685-001 kit installed.

You can order a replacement CF from ABB or clone a known good one.

This is my best answer. It will not boot without the correct boot partition and software.

https://new.abb.com/products/3HAC046685-001/3hac046685-001

• Hi Skooter thanks for the reply.

While checking the old backup from info I had found the version as 3HAC6811-2.21.

I am having same name folder it contains sub-folders such as bin,language,options,robots,system,utility, install.cmd

Is this the boot partition and software you had mentioned.

Edited 2 times, last by pranav ().

• Great. Part number 3HAC6811-2.21 is RobotWare 4.0 revision 127 software. This is the final version of the RW4.0 software and it is the operating system you will need to load after you acquire and install the proper CF card from ABB. That CF card will be properly partitioned with the files needed to boot the controller and load the software you just found.

• Hi Skooter I have a small doubt regarding the boot partition.

Can you please tell me the names or folders includes in a boot partition- Because I am having plenty of files. So that I can ensure the original clown file.

Second doubt is did I need any special software to copy the Clown file to New CF card.

Is there any card reader for reading files in old DISK ON CHIP.

• Hi Every one.

Thanks for the Support!

I had got a flash card with proper boot up file. I had inserted and it gets read.

The LED in the status board has changed to Green from Red and its continuously blinking.

Now there is no error but Still the controller is showing "Wait in progress." :frowning_face: :frowning_face:

Both LED's on Service board and status indication is blinking.

Below am attaching the boot file details.

Advertising from our partners