RW 6.07, SafeMove Pro.
This is a puzzler. I've got a new assignment, where we're supposed to set up an IRC5 with a very specific set of I/O, Safety I/O, and Tasks/Modules created by the end customer. But no installer -- we just got handed a backup of a robot that's "exactly the same" (news flash -- it's not), and so far, we can't find anyone who actually knows anything about how this is supposed to be set up. So we're stuck trying to reverse-engineer the files from the backup.
So, we have no Safety config file, just a spreadsheet listing the signals. We've been working our way through that, adding the Safe I/Os by hand, and it seems to be okay. But we're getting stuck on something minor.
The EIO file we were given to load has some Cross Connects that have some of the Safe signals as Actors (mostly copying the status of certain Safe signals to non-safe signals for triggering user messages on the cell PLC). And this is where we're getting stuck: when the robot warm starts, it throws a fault that the CC's Actor 1 is referencing a non-existant signal.
But! The signal exists -- we created the output soStop0Status in Visual SafeMove, mapped it to the correct Safety Function and the correct offset for the CIP device, and rebooted. After that, when we opened the CC in RobotStudio, and soStop0Status is visible in the dropdown list for the Actor. We set Actor 1 to that soStop0Status, and rebooted. And still got the same message: Actor 1 was referencing a non-existent signal.
We tried again, rebooted, and suddenly soStop0Status is no longer visible in the CC Actor dropdown list. But it's still present in the Visual SafeMove editor.
I've tried creating a virtual controller in RobotStudio from the "good" backup we were given, just so I could see the safety config clearly, but the build process dies on a complaint that the EIO file contains too many Internal EIP devices. But the same EIO file loads into our real-world robot without throwing that error.