rebuild system software with RobInstall

• Hello all,

I am working with an old IRB640 M2000 that I want to change its language from German to English. I know I have to create new system software with RobInstall with desire language. I found two things in the controller: 'manipulator PARAM' floppy disk and a piece of paper including printed RobotWare key. also "3HAC6811-1.64 system pack 4.0" printed on the paper.

I installed RobInstall V1.30 that I had before and in media pool I have 3HAC6811-1.40 (system pack 4.0) folder in C:\ drive. when I insert RobotWare key and I want to start new system creation it complaining about " RobotWare or external program does not exist in program pool”. How can I build new system software for my controller?

thanks for any help

• I suggest you look at the Robot CPU card in the top of the computer unit. There two versions of CPU card, the older DSQC500 & newer DSQC540. The RW4.0 version (3HAB6811-1.40) in the media pool is version 40. If you have the the DSQC500 CPU, version 40 will work. If you have the newer DSQC540 CPU, you will need a newer version of RW4.0, I suggest version 127 (3HAB6811-2.27).

The RobotWare key will work with newer versions.

If you want to load a backup from an older RW4.0 version to a newer one, it may require a procedure that should be found on the forum.

• Many thanks Skooter

I got version 2.21 and now I can build new system. my next steps would be taking backup and then downloading created system to the controller.

Just curious to know if someone doesn't access to RobotWare key (no printed paper or backup) for a robot, is there any way to create new system with RobInstall?

Edited 5 times, last by Robotmei ().

• Yes I know how to generate system key from backup file.

I supposed a situation that customer have a robot with damaged flash drive,no backup and no printed paper.

How it is possible to build new system software with robinstall.

Advertising from our partners