Can't edit system module file

• Hi,

I have a an ABB 6650 with IRC5 controller. Robot runs in production since a few years in a cell that makes several different products.

I want to add a new product. Adding a program module with the trajectory and all that works fine. But, there is part of the menu system that is in a system module.

The change I want to do is really small. I want to add the product name in an array of text strings that is used by the menu.

For some reason unknown to me (not necessarily a surprise as I mostly work with FANUC robots), I can not edit the system module.

The module is declared as:

MODULE MODULE_NAME(SYSMODULE,NOSTEPIN)

Any ideas or things I should check would be very much appreciated.

• I suggest researching the NOSTEPIN command of that line. If I recall, that is a way to kind of "Hide" the data it is referring to. It will tell it is running the code but not display it, in your case it looks like it is hiding it from you. I believe you can change that attribute of the SYSMODULE, and hopefully then be able to read and write to it.

Good luck!

• It sounds like you are trying to do so in the pendant. Connect with robotstudio to change or save module off, and then edit it with a text editor. Make Backups first!

You are correct. I'm using the pendant (I'm a FANUC guy after all :winking_face:

I will try to connect with robot studio next time I'm in that factory (I travel around to several plants)

I suggest researching the NOSTEPIN command of that line. If I recall, that is a way to kind of "Hide" the data it is referring to. It will tell it is running the code but not display it, in your case it looks like it is hiding it from you. I believe you can change that attribute of the SYSMODULE, and hopefully then be able to read and write to it.

Good luck!

That's a good guess. From what I can read in the documentation it shouldn't stop me from editing the module. But it is the best idea so far.

Thanks!

Advertising from our partners