robot manipulation with neural networks

• Hi all.
    My name is Dugu, I am pretty new around here.
    I joined this forum because I have a big problem. I need to build an experiment in an virtual environment, using a robot manipulator (which I already designed in CAD, and exported it into OGRE) and ANN's (artificial neural networks). I am trying to build an experiment similar to the one you can see in this video:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRq76EATroM&feature=related
    I have several questions which I kindly post to you:
    1. What task should be handled by the ANN? Is it avoind the obstacle, or grasping, or maybe the path planning of the arm? I'm not sure I can follow this.
    2. What type of neural network should I use (feedforward, backprop, etc.)? What kind of learning? How can I input
    the obstacles to the ANN?
    3.What software should I use? As I mentioned, I already have designed the arm in an CAD environment. Could I use only Matlab's neural network plugin and then export the results in a C/C++ compliant way that could be integrated in my app? how could I accomplish this?

• thanks. I believe that NN's have a future in industrial robots. Also, looking at AVG's, more and more mobile robots are been included in the production loop. :smiling_face:

• Hello.

I was working couple of years ago also with project, where neural networks would have helped. What I wanted was that it would handle the smartest route and automatic optimization so that robot is always waiting job in correct position, depending of past taskhistory.

Advertising from our partners