Difference between SET_TQ_VALUES & SET_CD_PARAMS

• Hello guys,

I was searching how to limit the torque for all the robot movement and I have found that I can use the Set_TQ_Values function however I've found that I can use the SET_CD_PARAMS function for each movement. In that matter, what is the difference in behavior between the 2 functions?

Thank you.

Best regards,

• in short - no....

that is a programming question and you did not provide code sample. you need to put more effort in,

you can try both and see the difference yourself.

then if you have question, post your code and ask for help. you did not even try it but you are asking others to sacrifice their own time on something that benefits someone acting lazy.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello "Panic Mode",

I would like to clarify some misunderstanding:

1. I am asking a general question about the difference between those 2 functions and unfortunately I searched all the internet on it and I didn't find any piece of information.

2. I don't have any robot controller to test on it. I am just trying to learn the KRL language by myself.

In that matter, if someone can guide me to find the information in order to understand the behavior of both function.

I hope I made it clear

Thank you

• you may have done plenty digging but that is irrelevant here. the only things that counts in forum are things you post and - you shared nothing. therefore there is nothing to attract interest of someone like me. still vague request and very clear that my initial assessment was correct so my previous reply stands.

for example, there is no mention of used search engine, search terms etc. and vague "i searched all internet" is just a common substitute for "i did not bother so why don't you just give me what i want". cannot speak for others but to me this is a lazy approach and that does not motivate me to help...

if you want to learn robot programming, get a robot. i am a poor substitute for a robot. i am opinionated, make mistakes, and do what i want, not what others expect or want from me.

so back to my point - for me to become interested, it would be good to see some effort in the posts used to ask for help - which i still don't see here.

i see forum as a place to share and learn, not a place where handful of people work for free to solve problems of other people.

so what did you do to compare the two? what did you see in the documentation and source code how did you interpret it?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• judging by the KSS8.5 code, question "what is different" can be answered as quite few things. for example code length, used variables, number of parameters etc. are all different.

Code
    GLOBAL DEF SET_CD_PARAMS (Index :IN)
      DECL INT Index
      IF (Index > 0) AND (Index < 31) THEN
        USE_CM_PRO_SETTING (Index)
      ELSE
        SET_CM_PRO_INACTIVE()
      ENDIF
    END

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you for sharing the code.

What I have noticed that both functions set COLLMON_TOL_PRO to defined values however the "SET_TQ_VALUEs" has an additional option to assign the values to $TORQMON if $IMPROVED_COLLMON== FALSE.

I have searched also in the system variables manual about the variable $TORQMON and it states that :

it contains the current tolerance range for the axis torques in program mode. This tolerance range is defined using the variable $TORQMON_DEF in the file …STEU\Mada\$custom.dat.

however I couldn't find the definition of COLLMON_TOL_PRO.

So in conclusion, I can say that both functions achieve the same things but the set_tq_values has an additional option to set the TORQMON variable. In addition, the set_tq_values would be applied to all motions and it seems and the set_cd_parameters can be applied specifically for one motion.

• I think the difference comes from the new collision monitoring function. There is an old collmon package and a new one. The first solved everything on the application side in windows. The new one uses the real-time system to solve the collmon problem and is therefore more sensitive and faster if it needs to react. I do not have the details but afaik both are still possible to be used in parallel. Hence this might explain why there are two methods and the switch COLLMON_TOL_PRO. I do not remeber the details but it is worth asking KUKA for it.

Fubini

• however I couldn't find the definition of COLLMON_TOL_PRO.

A good way to find declarations and use of variables, subs and functions is to do a full text search in WoV project or archive. Things that are visible in source code are generally not covered well in documentation. That variable is an array of 12 elements (one for each axis).

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello guys,

Sorry for reopening the thread. But I have one question, I was reading the Kuka System Software 8.3

Chapter 6.14 and it states the following:

6.14.5.2 Programming torque monitoring
    Precondition : In order to be able to use the collision detection function, acceleration adaptation must be activated. Acceleration adaptation is activated when system variable $ADAP_ACC is not equal to #NONE. (This is the default setting.) The system variable can be found in the file C:\KRC\Roboter\KRC\R1\MaDa\$ROBCOR.DAT.

Procedure:

1. Position the cursor in the line before the motion for which the torque monitoring is to be programmed.
    2. Select the menu sequence Commands > Motion parameters > Torque
    monitoring. An inline form is opened.

My question is: If I have understood well, if I want to use the Set_TQ_Values or SET_CD_PARAMS function I need to set $ADAP_ACC different than #NONE right? In addition, can I use one time the function before all the motion commands so I apply one torque values for all motions? or it will be only applicable for the first motion?

Thank you for your support

Advertising from our partners