LR Mate 200iD keep faceplate level with ground while moving PRs

• Hello,

I have some PRs I change the X and Y and R of, but the WPZ are the same. I checked the original PR, and everything is level with the ground, but when I go through the program, I check and the level has changed. By level I mean if I put a level on the faceplate it's perfectly level with the ground.

I only change the PR using PR[1,1] = ..., PR[1,2] = ..., etc.

I made a user frame by jogging straight in the +X and +Y in world frame.

I thought if you don't change the WPR of a position register, it would stay at the same level. It doesn't seem like that's the case though.

Is there a way to always keep the faceplate on the same level at all times while the robot moves through the motions?

• What tool frame are you using and what are the values?

A screenshot of both your active user and tool frame would be great.

Your program would also help, you may not even have the correct frame selected.

• I used the default tool frame, the first one with all values zeroed.

I have the correct user frame selected. I select both in the program using

UTOOL_NUM = 1

UFRAME_NUM=...

• At each point the robot moves to. I'm using linear motion. The wpr of the points don't change, since I edit the position using only x, y and r in the position registers

• I would verify your userframe and make sure it is Level to the Ground.

You say you created the UF based on the world frame, but the world frame might not be level to the ground. (i.e. your robot may not be mounted level)

try only changing the X and Y (not R) values for your motion and see if you maintain level.

• I moved it in world in just X and just Y, and the level stays the same both directions.

I've also tried a X direction in the user frame and it stays level.

• EnergyAddict has the right answer.

You must teach an accurate tool frame pointer first. Then using that pointer and with that tool frame active, teach an accurate user frame using the 3 point method and touching off on the surface you want to level to. Only then will your motion stay in plane.

Teaching a frame in air, not relative to anything doesn't help you. When you rotate in R, you are rotating around a tilted plane. That is why your level changes.

Also, keep in mind that the ground is probably not level. I've never seen a perfectly level concrete floor. You don't necessarily need your robot to be level to an imperfect floor, instead you want it level to your application.

Advertising from our partners