Epson SCARA G6 RC+ 6.2.3 Vision options unavailable

• Hello,

I bought an Epson G6 system with two robots in one controller RC620 kit. Beautiful set with only 1000 hours on the clock.

It has a Fieldbus Master option and also Security, but unfortunately, the Vision Frame Grabbers option is not active.

I tried to contact Epson but they said this system is no longer supported and now my only chance is to try Vision with third-party software.

You guys seem to be very familiar with robotics and hopefully, someone can help me find a solution to start a vision on this system.

Actually, the Vision is preinstalled in RC+ 6.2.3 but need an activation code key which I don't have and don't know where to find it.

I've got on the shelf some frame grabbers Meteor2-MC4, cameras including USB and Ethernet Sony XC-HR70, JAI CV-A1, IDS-USB-UI-1240LEHD

but I don't know what's the right way to make it work.

I guess it will need only one camera installed over the robot (maybe on the robot body if it's better) for recognition of the shape and position of a paper sheet approximately 200 x 300mm

Always these sheets will be loaded in the same place before the robot picks them up.

Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited once, last by Maxiscnc ().

• AD