I got a ABB 6400 with s4 controller. Unable to update rev.

• 6400 robot. For some reason my robot refuses to update the rev counters. I put in all the offsets and restarted like I always do. Then lined up all axis and included all in rev counter update but it refuses to calibrate. I am working on this robot in the repair area. The only thing different from out in the floor is that I do not have a program for it to run. Do I need to have some program in it to update the rev?

• Make commutation offsets valid. Have you inputted those also? The older ones I think had to be done that way. Since 20 years or so, all ABB motors have a standard commutation offset of 1.5708, bot bot the older ones. See if you have the values on a sticker, in the controller or on the robot, or written down somewhere.

• S4, not the ancient days, but creeping into the description of 'olden' days. :winking_face:

Not sure it is dependent on robotware (or whatever the REAL early '...ware' was named) but take a look in the system motor calibration parameters for fields indicating Valid comm (commutation) Offset and Valid cal (calibration) Offset and ensure the YES/NO fields are YES.

Edited once, last by SomeTekk ().

• SomeTekk is right. In the parameter screen where you manually enter the Cal Offset numbers, you also need to change the Cal Offset Valid from "NO" to "YES" for each motor. It will not let you update the rev counters unless all Cal Offsets are valid.

As Lemster68 mentioned, all 6x00 robot motors since M91 have the 1.5708 commutation offset. Seen the cal offsets accidently entered for commutation offsets so it wouldn't hurt to verify they are 1.5708 (pi/2) for each motor and valid is YES.

S4 software naming for SomeTekk:

Basic M94A & Basic CommWare M94A were found to have some safety concerns and recalled by ABB and replaced free of charge if you returned the original M94A disks. It was replaced by ...

Basic 2.0 & Basic CommWare 2.0

BaseWare OS 2.1 & BaseWare OS RAP 2.1 were the next upgrade and took advantage of the faster processors & bigger memory that appeared. Best version for S4 to have in my opinion.

BaseWare OS 3.0 & BaseWare OS RAP 3.0 had S4 & S4C versions. The S4 version required the newer processors & larger memory but allowed the S4 to access the numerous options that came with the 3.0 software. The S4 version 3.0 disks had the serial # coded on each disk just like the 2.x versions. The S4C 3.0 disks had a 'Key' disk and a standard 3.0 disk pack like the later 3.x versions.

Advertising from our partners