• Hi everybody,

System information:

• KSS 8.7.3
    • HMI V 8.7 B442
    • Kernel system version KS V8.7.441
    • WorkVisual V6.0.22
    • KR C5 micro controller
    • KR 4 R600 robot

I have just received a brand new KUKA KR 4 R600 which has been wall mounted. I've started it up with no errors and then downloaded the project from the controller to WorkVisual. In WorkVisual I am able to set the robot at inclined installation (90 deg in B) in the machine data editor, and I'm also able to edit it on the SmartPad in $ROBROOT.

In order to accept this change in hardware (from floor mounted to wall mounted), I need to access the safety configuration. However, when trying to do so, the HMI application crashes and leaves me on the Windows screen, with no other option than to restart.

It should be noted, that even without this change (floor to wall) and a completely empty project, it cannot go to the safety configuration without crashing. Additionally, I have three extra KR C5 micro controllers with identical configurations, where this particular SmartPad works with no crashing and I have no issues opening the safety configuration nor accepting the new changes.

Has anybody experienced a similar situation and perhaps could point to a solution?

• Thank you for your response, and you're right. I'm in contact with KUKA but they think it is the firmware of the SmartPad that needs updating - however, that doesn't really explain why the SmartPad works fine with three other identical controllers.

Could be that somebody on here has experienced the same thing, but maybe it's a standalone issue :smiling_face:

• i had once of twice same happen on previous KSS versions. cold boot seem to fix it. i guess some minor glitch causes safe configuration plugin to fail.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• i had once of twice same happen on previous KSS versions. cold boot seem to fix it. i guess some minor glitch causes safe configuration plugin to fail.

Strange.. However, neither a cold start nor a reload files will fix the error on my part.

• whatever the glitch is, it is not only in memory, reloading files from HDD/SSD still causes problems.

in that case reloading good image is the way to go.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners