Adding I/o to existing program

• I’m not sure if I’m even using this site correctly my apologies. I have a 6400 robot using the s4c teach pendant. We are currently adding a shears unit to the machine and I cannot figure out how to add I/o into the parameters. We have it all wired inside the cabinet it’s the programming I’m lost on. Forgive my lack of technical language I have no formal training.

• You have to configure it in the systems parameters, they are in a file called eio.cfg if you save it off to disk. That way, you could edit it in a standard text editing program and then reload it. However, if you get something wrong (you mentioned your experience level), you could put it into a system failure state.

Look in the sub forum for manuals for the S4C manuals. It would be best for you to learn to do it in the pendant, as it should not allow you to put the signal in wrong--safer for novice.

• The manuals Lemster68 mentioned are found >here<. The User's Guide will have a parameters section that gives you the information needed to setup I/O.

Before you start, please follow hermann's advice.

If you have more questions, please provide the following:

Software version = 3.?

The type of S4C I/O unit the shear is wired to, either the DSQC # or part #. A picture may also help.

If there are other I/O already defined on this I/O unit.

• Thanks for the advice. third shift guy helped me figure it out. Sadly my training is mostly on the mechanical end of the robots.

No "Sadly". Mechanical means you're 1/3 of the way there. Just need to keep picking up the electrical & programming parts whenever & wherever you can.

Advertising from our partners