Monitor Axis in BG Logic

• Hello All,

We have a multi robot System R-30iA , with 4 Arc mate 100iC and 1 rotating table (being run by the 4th robot controller).

I'm looking for a way to monitor the rotating table's position when doing sub programs with the other individual robots. I'm not very familiar with BG logic, but would there be a way to monitor the axis' position and send it to Variable So I can write If logic at the beginning of my sub program to make sure my table is where its supposed to be before starting a job?

Thanks,

• The reference position would be the easiest method. However, anytime I've had to monitor an additional axis, it interacted with an operator. In that case, I would use a DCS JPC monitor and connect it to an NSI.

• I dont think the reference position will work because the table isnt part of the group mask in the sub program. Because I run all four robots at once, I cant put the table movements in the subprograms or all 4 robots would be arguing over who is telling the table where to go.

My Programs basically look like this;

-------------------

Call: Move Table to 90°(Group *,*,*,*,1)

Run: R1 90° Program(Group 1,*,*,*,*)

Run: R2 90° Program(Group *,1,*,*,*)

Run: R3 90° Program(Group *,*,1,*,*)

Run: R4 90° Program(Group *,*,*,1,*)

Call: Move Table to 180°(Group *,*,*,*,1)

Run: R1 180° Program(Group 1,*,*,*,*)

Run: R2 180° Program(Group *,1,*,*,*)

Run: R3 180° Program(Group *,*,1,*,*)

Run: R4 180° Program(Group *,*,*,1,*)

---------------------

I dont know how I would use a reference position for this, but I'm borderline ignorant with Fanuc.

• Also, from what you're showing, your Table is a separate group (not an extended axis, which is what I thought orignally) so its even easier, because your reference position will only have to look at the one axis.

you can try it;

Go to MENU->SETUP->Ref Position your softkeys should have a GRP# over F2, change the group to Group 5 (which is what you are showing your table as)

In one of the reference positions, you can do a simple test, by enabling and recording a position. then tie it to an unused DO or RO. Jog the table around and watch the Output turn on and off.

EDIT:

if you go down this route, you'll probably want 2 ref posns, one at 90 and one at 180.

• do you know off hand if there is a limit to the number of reference positions I can assign?

I am not positive without digging thru manuals, I know you can change the number in the list using the System variable $REFPOSMAXNO. But I think I read somewhere that you can only have so many of them active, but that might only be on older Software versions.

My list in my currently open roboguide cell shows 30, and I'm able to enable them all.

Advertising from our partners