Viewing Call Stack

• RW 6.13, RS 2021.4

I'm trying to debug how the robot is getting into a subroutine that, by rights, it shouldn't be. The RS help file mentions a Call Stack window, which looks like what I want, but that tab doesn't appear in my RS. The RS help file doesn't mention any special steps to get that tab to appear.

Alternatively, is there a way to get the same view on the FlexPendant?

• Make sure RS is on the RAPID tab. That's the only place I see it.

I jumped between Controller and Rapid tabs, and the Stack tab never showed itself.

I eventually tracked down the "mystery call", by doing a full-text search of a backup (though I could, and should, have used Lemster's method). It was a call-by-string: %"ProcName"%. And it turns out RobotStudio's "find all references" function doesn't pick up on those. Which is obvious in hindsight....

• There are both fully licensed and disabled licensed RS in this facility. Only the fully licensed version displays the RAPID Call Stack.

If you have the fully licensed version and you don't see the call stack you may be able to recover it by invoking the Default Layout.

PS — I think %"ProcName"% is referred to as late binding.

Edited once, last by SomeTekk ().

• Ah! No, I only have the "free" version. I know I can't build simulations with it, but I'd assumed it would let me do stack traces on a controller that I was connected to.

Well, I still have breakpoints, so I guess it'll be that and single-stepping.

Advertising from our partners