KAREL SHIFT Procedure and others not Recognized by ROBOGUIDE KAREL

• Hello everyone.

To keep everything in a nutshell as best I can, I've got a project to program a r-2000iA 165F robot to emulate a task that a 420F Robot is currently running via KAREL. basically we will be swapping the old s420 and controller with the 165F + r-j3ib controller.

I've been investigating what it would take to get the currently running Karel program to work on the new controller and robot and one thing i noticed is that some of the built-in procedures/functions that were used to program the s420 don't seem to be recognized by the Roboguide Karel Compiler.

For example, there is a function called SHIFT that is used in the s420 Karel program to offset a position variable by a specified vector. An old "Introduction to Karel" booklet describes as follows:

When I Try to compile my Karel program in the Roboguide editor/compiler, it tells me SHIFT must be defined before using, the same goes for the VEC command that is supposed to generate a vector.

I have also noticed some differences in the general syntax of the Roboguide version of Karel VS the version of Karel used to program the current robot in service. For example:

in Roboguide karel, you say SET_VAR and GET_VAR instead of SETVAR and GETVAR, CNV_STR_INT instead of CONVSTR2INT, and lots of other examples of different syntax or non-recognized functions.

I would think if the Roboguide KAREL is a newer version, it would already recognize all the built-in procedures of a older system. Overall, I'm just curious if anyone more familiar with Karel programming has noticed this and has any understanding of what's going on, or if anyone has any way to get these functions to work on the Roboguide KAREL.

• I would think if the Roboguide KAREL is a newer version, it would already recognize all the built-in procedures of a older system.

the version of Karel you're working with was created multiple decades ago.

Since then, many things have changed.

Newer versions of software don't always support everything older versions supported, and in your case, the S420 version (v2.x v4.x ?) is just too old for the Karel compiler you're trying to use (v6.x ?).

Fanuc decided to rename routines and change how things worked. In some cases, old routines were removed.

if anyone has any way to get these functions to work on the Roboguide KAREL.

you could implement SHIFT yourself as a Karel routine in your own program. Current versions of Karel support linear algebra, such as INV and the mixed vector and position operators. Refer to the Karel manual for their description.

Write SHIFT yourself so you don't have to change all calls to SHIFT everywhere.

Hermann is right though. MOVE TO is still supported, but TP programs will result in better motion (faster, smoother).

• hi, I´m working in robotguide to make HMI, how I can download FANUC ipendant controls?

hi,good day, my name´s isai, have a problem with a kuka krc4, I want uninstall the PLC , I want a have only the robot , but the robot has jummer x311 , is for profisafety , I cant take off "kss00404" , and I cant fit out motors , can you help me?

(only I want a have the robot , I want a take off PLC safety)

Advertising from our partners