Possibility of software update KR C4 cabinet

• Hi

In the company We have KUKA KRC4 software 8.2.20 (from 2013).
    What do You think Is this cabinet able to run 8.6 software without hardware change?

• if you have motherboard type D 3076-k, you can upgrade from win XPE and KSS 8.2 up to maximum Win7+KSS 8.6.

For newer version based on Win 10+ KSS 8.7 and upwards you need to change motherborad.

• this is useful, i saw it at German forum but not in documentation. maybe it is part of newer electrical servicing manual...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Yes I thought the same, very handy graphic. I have it in my own notes but don't remember exactly where I got it from, I think it was a screengrab from a webinar because I haven't seen it in any documentation yet.

this is useful, i saw it at German forum but not in documentation. maybe it is part of newer electrical servicing manual...

• But here is like noted that i could use MCC-10 PC from KSS8.2(I cannot read what is written under star*) for KSS 8.5. In my case I got BSOD when trying to run image with KSS 8.5.6 on MCC-10 while image with KSS 8.3.14 did run, but any later version of KSS 8.3 again with BSOD screen.

MCC-10 PC with KSS 8.2 didn't even had graphics port on motherboard.

And i also got email from KUKA that i have to use MCC-30 in order to run KSS 8.5.6.

• Did you upgrade the Ram in the PC? I believe that the star* specifies a minimum of 3GB of Ram required for the MCC-10

But here is like noted that i could use MCC-10 PC from KSS8.2(I cannot read what is written under star*) for KSS 8.5. In my case I got BSOD when trying to run image with KSS 8.5.6 on MCC-10 while image with KSS 8.3.14 did run, but any later version of KSS 8.3 again with BSOD screen.

MCC-10 PC with KSS 8.2 didn't even had graphics port on motherboard.

And i also got email from KUKA that i have to use MCC-30 in order to run KSS 8.5.6.

• Did you upgrade the Ram in the PC? I believe that the star* specifies a minimum of 3GB of Ram required for the MCC-10

Aaa thank you. I didn't try that. I was sure that problem for BSOD screens was different motherboard used in the PC-s. And also email from KUKA didn't mentioned that just more rams were needed for the upgrade. So I just exchanged with MCC-30 and it started from the first time with KSS 8.5.6, but probably the image with KSS 8.5.6 was made on MCC-30.

Advertising from our partners