R-J3iB controller image backup - Not enough free space on MC:

• Hello everyone!

I need help with taking controller image backup of an Fanuc R-J3iB controller.

I keep getting same error: Not enough free space on MC: even if I format the CF Card to 32mb or 64mb or the whole 1gb.

I had read on an old thread (link) that I need to change the size of my 1Gb CF Card to 32 or 64Mb, but it is still not working for me.

Please if anybody could help me on this, it would be great.

• Try to format it from robot, sometimes it helps.

Also try using different card, that could be also the issue - the best would be no more then 512MB, but the factory one, with no size changes.

Could you please tell me how can I just format the card from the robot.

And I have been using this same card in it's full 1gb capacity without any issues to transfer code files between roboguide to the robot. And I can also take All files backup from the controller into this card.

It is just not working for the Image backup mode.

• MENU -> 7 FILE -> F5 UTIL -> Set Device -> MC: -> F5 UTIL -> Format -> F4 YES

Thank you so much. It worked for me.

But as I was importing the backup into Roboguide I'm getting this error. And I checked my roboguide has FRVRC622(v6.2) and then directly FRVRC530(v5.30) it does not have v6.1.

Do you how can I solve this or get the v6.1 for roboguide?

• What about this one?

Just R-J3iB Mate is not supported in RG, so you need to "change" it into standard B size controller and then also change the verion of the software, manually, which is what I'm doing.

Normally, it'd work but one thing I'm not sure - you don't have standard LR Arc Tool, which should be changed to Arc Tool, but you have ROBOWELDminiB ARC Package, and also this could make a problem here.

• What about this one?

Just R-J3iB Mate is not supported in RG, so you need to "change" it into standard B size controller and then also change the verion of the software, manually, which is what I'm doing.

Normally, it'd work but one thing I'm not sure - you don't have standard LR Arc Tool, which should be changed to Arc Tool, but you have ROBOWELDminiB ARC Package, and also this could make a problem here.

No, that one also doesn't seem to be working.

I had talk with Fanuc engineer today, they told me this is a very old robot and of MATE series that's why it is not supported in Roboguide.

Now I will have to create a cell in RG with the nearest version to the actual controller.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for your constant help. :yesyesyes: :blumen:

Advertising from our partners